Anal Fissure

Very chronic Condition since 3 years

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anal Fissure

Postby statsJoe » 08 Jun 2022, 06:29

it started with me once in 2019 when i was under an acute strain at the toilet. happened that after the bowel i started to have a severe pain, i did not realize it was a fissure i thought its something else like cancer and i started reading here and there. i got terrified more about possibility of having IBD, therefore i decided at the end to pay a visit to my gastrologist, he was so great and diagnosed me after having a detailed look inside my anus that i have a chronic fissure but to be on the safe side, he recommended me having a colonoscopy and endoscopy too. so i underwent both procedures and all were good (thanks God). then he prescribed to me diltiazem cream to relax my sphincters or antrolin ointment. both were good at times and at times i used to get the pain again the whole day after my bowel movement. after a year of struggle, i spent another complete year healed from my anal fissure and i was literally so happy, i used to go the toilet and used to enjoy my bowel having it pain free. Till last couple of weeks, where i re started experience that same pain again but in different frequency and less painful than before. frankly i am not using any ointment now as i don't feel the need yet but i am frustrated also from all this !.

any ideas about a permeant healing to this fissure thing?

Thanks
statsJoe
statsJoe
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Anal Fissure

Postby Rich44 » 11 Jun 2022, 20:12

Even after having an LIS and my fissure was healed, I still have had a few acute fissures. But I treated them immediately (sitz baths) and they were gone the same day. You will likely get fissures again throughout your life, but the key is that you treat them immediately before they become chronic.

If you told me you have had the same fissure for three years I would tell you to get the LIS surgery and be done with it as it was a life saver for me.

Are you doing three sitz baths a day? What else are you doing so far for this?
Fissure June 2014 - Oct 2020
Botox, skin tag removed - Feb 2015
Levator Ani Sep 2014 - Feb 2016 (left job, cured!)
LIS, skin tags removed - Oct 2020
Fissure 100% healed - Nov 2020
Still healed as of March 2024
Rich44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby statsJoe » 12 Jun 2022, 12:31

Hi Rich,
thanks for your advise, you are absolutely right. Today only, i had a very intense pain after my bowel movement and i was terrified after that as the pain was unbearable standing, sitting, lying down, etc...that i could not take. However and for the first time, i tried Aloe Vera ointment called Aloeclear 50 ml and thanks God the pain has improved.

I hope tomorrow morning things will be much better with this ointment
will update here
Joe
statsJoe
Fibre Addict

Postby statsJoe » 13 Jun 2022, 11:10

Seems today i got bad news on the Aloeclear, cause it only made my lower part cold but the burning sensation and the inflammation kept on going. i went to the pharmacy and brought Antrolin (its a great ointment i used to apply before). it is not cheap but it is better than Aloevera cause it reduces inflammation and swelling. today my pain went down to 8 over 10. hope tomorrow i have a better day
any suggestions?
statsJoe
Fibre Addict

Postby Rich44 » 13 Jun 2022, 21:03

My go to for extreme pain was hydrocortisone suppositories. However the price went so high I had to use the cream which was far more annoying to use down there. I was typically ok with pain around 5-6 without meds as it was so much better than 9-10 pain during a bad BM. I don't recall using aloe.

But you DID heal yourself so you should know what to do without surgery! You already seem to have figured it out. If you can't, see a CRS and go from there.
Fissure June 2014 - Oct 2020
Botox, skin tag removed - Feb 2015
Levator Ani Sep 2014 - Feb 2016 (left job, cured!)
LIS, skin tags removed - Oct 2020
Fissure 100% healed - Nov 2020
Still healed as of March 2024
Rich44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby statsJoe » 15 Jun 2022, 05:04

Yes Rich,
Indeed yesterday i visited my Gastro and he confirmed that my same fissure came back and the reason behind was going to the gym for the past month and playing on the stationary bike. So, he recommended to use only the Treadmill and elliptical only and nothing else.
Anyways, Antrolin doing great to me and today the pain went suddenly to 4/10. Happy that i am back to my almost normal life.

hope you have a good day ahead
Regards
Joe
statsJoe
Fibre Addict