Anidepressent?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Anidepressent?

Postby Guest » 29 Feb 2008, 09:47

I think you need to file a complaint with the hospital and perhaps get some kind of representation. I am not the sueing kind but they put you at risk with their negligence and you now have to go through the agony of getting tested and deal with the emotional and mental stress of this all. Perhaps if you talk with your advisor you can tell her about the contaminated needle situation along with your other health problems and they would be able to work with you.

Hope you feel better soon with the zoloft. I find that a small dose of antianxiety meds to help relax my bum so it hurts less. Valium is used as a muscle relaxant more than the others but I understand your reluctance to add too many meds to the mix.

Postby buttgirl » 29 Feb 2008, 12:09

Whe I'm feeling icky, I just head for the accupncturist. my guy is magic and I always, ALWAYS feel contented and hopeful after leaving. It think it has something to do with the points he pokes on top of my head.
It's worth a try and it always helps my tummy, too. Go figure...
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 03 Mar 2008, 19:04

So, today I went to see a psychiatrist b/c my therapist thinks that being on antidepressants that your primary dr gave you isn't the brightest idea. I agree but from past experiences all psychs are idiots who just push pills and don't really get to know you or spend time finding the right drug-just an opinion though. Well, I left the office feeling worse than when I went in. I don't feel like writing about it b/c it was just such a shitty experience and made me feel so frustrated. Esp when she called me not ten mins after I left to tell me my insurance dosen't cover mental health, which it does! I spent 20 mins on the phone with them for them to tell me that she was basically either lying or an idiot. Anyways, I needed to vent. I don't know what kind of adivce or anything I'm looking for but just an ear or sthg. Anyways, i'm now gunna take Wellbutrin XL once a day and see how that goes but get another pysch b/c she did nothing for me. Ahh frustrated but at least not in pain. Image

Postby Guest » 03 Mar 2008, 19:29

Sorry for the bad experience there. I go to my family doctor for managment of my meds because she seems to understand why I am needing the meds in the first place and knows my history of pain.

I take wellbutrin XL and Cymbalta. The cymbalta works on serotonin and norepineprhine and the Wellbutrin works on the dopamine so you cover all 3 neurotransmitters. I definitely feel like since I started wellbutrin I have more energy and actually feel like getting out of bed. Hopefully it will help you. My husband goes to a psychiatrist to manage his bi-polar disorder and it basically is just prescribing and adjusting meds but since he has a more complexl situation he probably does need to be under a psych's care rather than a GP. Since mine is clinical/mood disorder I feel confident that my GP can help me and the cymbalta is used for neuropathic pain as well.

Good luck!

Postby erik » 03 Mar 2008, 22:27

I simply meditate. alot. especially when I get frustrated or scared. (Read the book Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat-Zinn Ph.D)
or
I drink a vodka gimlet and listen to Portishead on my record player.
erik
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion