Anoscopy

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anoscopy

Postby Guest » 06 Jan 2008, 12:31

I am going back to my doctor on Tuesday, and am thinking about asking for an anoscopy.
I just need to be 100 percent sure of the diagnosis for the condition.
Just wondered if anyone else has had one, becuase I am a bit worried that the anoscopy itself could make things worse!!!!
I think I will also ask for diltiazem, as I'm getting a few headaches with GTN.
Any thoughts much appreciated. :)

Re: Anoscopy

Postby Guest » 06 Jan 2008, 13:00

Generally an anoscopy is not needed. Doctors can usually see part of the fissure just by spreading the buttocks. If it is necessary it may irritate it a bit but it won't shouldn't set you back too much as they use lubricant. If you think if would make you feel better to have an internal exam then I think it is appropriate. :tp:

Postby Guest » 06 Jan 2008, 14:08

well i would be quite convinced, but for the fact that I get a lot of pain in the coccyx area, especially when i sit down, so this would seem to be a bit further up. Anyone else had this pain or is it always right down at the anal sphincter area?

Postby Guest » 06 Jan 2008, 15:09

I have had pain like that but it wasn't due to a fissure. But I know that pain can be referred. If you get spasms in your rectum they can travel up to that area since it is all connected.

Have you injured your back and fallen on your tail? Do you sit a lot or ride a bike?

Sometimes a nerve can get stretched or pinched and you can have pain from that.
The anal area is extremely innervated and can give off all kinds of signals.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 06 Jan 2008, 15:21

Mr GP saw my fissure before he even began the exam "proper." I don't think the anoscopy would do much if any damage, but since your pain is different, it may not be a bad idea after all...
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 06 Jan 2008, 16:35

Sorry to interrupt the thread : ( , but KIM , could you please answer to my Q about creams after surgery ....I really need some input : (
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Deleted User 5 » 06 Jan 2008, 17:07

Photobucket
No Problem, Fissy! Come on in!
Photobucket
I went ahead and aswered at a previous post, you can follow this link:
http://anal-fissure.org/considering-surgery-or-already-had-it-f1/creams-and-such-after-lis-t922.htm
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 07 Jan 2008, 12:11

you can ask that the dr use a child size anoscope if you are worried. If your dr is worth anyhting, s/he will comply. the child size anoscopes are really friendly.
i too am having pain the coxxyx. it is affected by bm, but more by the way i sleep. i slept poorly this weekend with the muscle cold and cramped all night and had a really sore bottom the next day. it is not a stinging soreness like from the fissure though.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 07 Jan 2008, 14:44

thanx for replies.
buttgirl, your reply is interresting as you have the coccyx pain too.
I'm wondering if this is due to a fissure being at six o clock and getting "bothered" by the coccyx when we sit or lie in the wrong way. I know that i dont get it when im standing up so i dont think its coming from the coccyx.
Thanx for the child ano tip LOL
Do you know if they do this at the doctors surgery or do you have to go to a CRS for it?

Postby buttgirl » 07 Jan 2008, 16:31

my coccyx pain is definitely muscle/tendon pain, and sometimes it makes my anus feel like it is hurting ans ometimes even causes sphincter spasms. I found that stretching often helps relieve this pain, specifically the stretches that drs tell sciatica patients to use. Those stretches focus on the muscles surrounding the tailbone. I also find that just sitting flat wth my legs out in front of me and touching ym nose to my knees also seems to help relax the area. Perhaps this would help you.
I think my coccyx issues are due to a round of ciporfloxacin my drs put e on. One of the side effects is tendon damage an my endons definitely hurt while I was on this. My right foot hurt so bad I could barely walk and my tailbone started aching then and hasn't stopped. for a while I though it was the old abscess, but as that has been healing I have started to realize that the two are not directly related.
My GP checked my rear, actually several GPs did when I went in to complain about my arse pain. so did the CRS.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67