Anyone had Botox?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Anyone had Botox?

Postby buttgirl » 25 Jun 2007, 12:00

:hi:

I am planning to get Botox in my rear (if my CRS will let me, that is. Sorry if anyone works at Kaiser, but they genrally suck, in my opinion. and what's worse, they seem conservative to the point of inactivity. I had to wait two months for them to "see" if the abscess I had for a year would suddenly heal. Meanwhile, I kept getting sicker and sicker....)

Anyway, I am wondering if anyone has had any experiences they would be willing to share.

In particular, I am interested in how debilitated you were after the injections (did you return to work the next day)? Did you experience any negative side effects?

Also did the injections stop the spasm and help you heal?

buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Re: Anyone had Botox?

Postby Guest » 29 Jun 2007, 22:00

Buttgirl,

I had botox on March 27th, however I cannot tell you how debilitating the injections were because I also had a Fistula cut open and scraped and 2 skin tags removed. I can surely tell you that all the pain of the spasms were gone immediatly!!! I had no infection from the injections either. The only problem I had was incontinence. I attribute this to the fact that I have Chronic Diarrhea. I was told by my CRS that the botox would wear off in 3 months. It has been that long and I still have a little trouble with incontinence. I have to be really close to a bathroom.

I don't venture out too far. I have no regrets, just a little worried that when the botox wears off the pain my start back, if I'm not completely healed.

I read on another thread that you had the botox on the 28th I believe it was. I wish you luck and happy healing.

If there is anything I can answer for you just ask.

Postby SunshineHope » 30 Jun 2007, 06:34

Sheri,
Have you been applying any medicine on the area to help heal it? Or did the doc say it would just heal naturally after botox?
Has anyone else had botox? Is the incontinence pretty common?
Actually, I should look around and see if anyone else made posts about this too. hehe.
Thanks!
xo
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby buttgirl » 30 Jun 2007, 13:25

Hi Sheri,
thanks for the reply. I am going to detail the past copuple days on the other thread, but in short, no problems with incontinence for me, even with pressing diarreha. My CRS said that my external sphincter is longer than most, which I take to mean that it is thicker/goes deeper from outside to inside than most. but you're right. no more spasm and pooing is so much easier!!
Also, I had the equivalent of a fistulotomy. my dr drained an abscess from above the fissure onthe inside to the outside of my anus--a really long cut. I wish i would have been allowed to have the botox then. I did try to get it at that time, but the CRS I went to was really mean and refused to even look at me, so i ended up getting the surgery without the botox. Yeoo, did that hurt in the end.
a question for you:
Have you regained the muscle control yet? If so, I'm thinking that kegel excersises might help restrengthen and tone the sphincter muscle. After all, it hasn't really been used for three months, so the muscle tone is probably significantly decreased.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 30 Jun 2007, 21:57

I do have a little more control now than I had earlier after the procedure. I still need to get to the restroom fairly quickly.

No I didn't have to put any medicine on it to help it heal. My DR. just said to take several 20 or 30 minute baths everyday to help with the healing