Anyone had hemorrhoids banded before?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Anyone had hemorrhoids banded before?

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 03 Nov 2009, 01:49

Hey Cherylk, escaping coughing again? Image <--- Just felt like using that one
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Peachy724 » 04 Nov 2009, 15:31

Hey NG,
I asked my surgeon why he didnt treat mine while he was 'in there' and he said he didnt want to do too much at once, i wish he had though and hope he will do something about them this time i see him aswell as the fissure xxxxxxxxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 04 Nov 2009, 15:40

Peachy724 wrote:Hey NG,
I asked my surgeon why he didnt treat mine while he was 'in there' and he said he didnt want to do too much at once, i wish he had though and hope he will do something about them this time i see him aswell as the fissure xxxxxxxxx

Hey Jackie, are your piles symptomatic at all? Just curious...
If mine were bugging the hell out of me I think I'd have the doctor band at least one of them for sure. But they haven't bothered me too much ever since I started adhering to a super high fiber diet and taking Miralax. The fissure is still there, ironically, but I'm thinking the hemmies got "caught in the crossfire". They used to bug the hell out of me (bleeding and extreme itchiness) for years and years and suddenly I barely notice them anymore. But I know they don't ever truly go away, they just lay low for a while.
I guess that's why I'm iffy about the banding. I'm pretty anxious about the colonoscopy and just don't want to have something else to deal with and worry about -- I want to walk out of there tomorrow knowing that I'm done with anything butt-related for at least a weekend. I'm thinking most likely I'll tell the doctor to make a game-time decision on whether to do the banding or not though -- if they look real bad, go ahead and band them, otherwise leave them be and let me enjoy a weekend of scotch and sports :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Peachy724 » 05 Nov 2009, 06:11

Sorry i can be a bit thick at times, what do you mean symptomtic. Im not sure how many there are, ive had on and off bother with them fo a few years, nothing major but after my last botox i had a thrombosed one which was really sore but it was just pushed back in and i was given diclofenic and told to put ice on it till it went down :( they flare up alot, especially when there is pressure there from needing the loo and after aswell, also when im standing for long periods which is useless as i cant be lying or sitting down all the time (would be nie though). Also when they are a bit enflamed they make my fissure sorer. And this is embarassing but they always cme out when i have a BM and i need to gently push them back in, i think there is just a few small ones but enough to hurt and "yangtze fluid" me off, im sick of my ass and evrything ass related!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 05 Nov 2009, 07:58

Whoa okay that sounds more symptomatic than mine, e.g., they bother you more. Mine have been pretty low key lately by comparison...
I think I'm going to go ahead and skip the hemmie banding for now, just one less thing to worry about for the time being. Heading out for the fun exam now, have a nice evening!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby Peachy724 » 05 Nov 2009, 14:26

Hey NG,
How did the colonoscopy go? I hope it was good news xx
Im sore again today Image , its getting progressivly worse, me thinks by the time the surgeons appointment comes round on the 20th i'll be very sore again. I am picking up my prescriptions tomorrow and im hoping they have given me the valium Image
And to top it off my usual weekend highlight is not happening so i not even got anything to look forward too, man my life sucks and boy do i feel sorry for maself
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 05 Nov 2009, 15:21

Hey Jackie, what's your appointment on the 20th for? Sorry I don't recall the details.
So no wine this weekend? How come?
The colonoscopy was okay, there was an unexpected twist to it so I didn't get the answers I was hoping for. Apparently my colon is very pain sensitive and has a weird twist in it or something that caused the procedure to be incomplete, I summarized the details in a new thread...
Hope you get some effective drugs tomorrow. If they don't cure the problem at least I hope they can help to manage it.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 12 Feb 2010, 16:07

I had my internal hemmies banded in 2008, didn't work for me as one of the bands was misplaced during the procedure causing a constant throbbing pain which lasted for 2 weeks, although saying that, I noticed that one of my hemmies did drop off in the toilet, I suppose if they had all dropped off then it would of been a success, but beware, the pain and urge to go to the toilet can be ubearable while the hemmies are being strangled by the little blue bands.
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby Jen » 19 Feb 2010, 15:51

I had 3 hemmies banded. Twice on one (due to the size) and once on another. No pain, but lots of pressure when I had it done. I felt like I had to have a BM for about a day. There was some minor bleeding and lots of mucus for about a month after the hemmie fell off. You can probably do a search and find some of my old posts about me freaking out about the mucus - LOL! I would recommend this procedure to anyone. It is better to take care of them while they are smaller, once they get to a certain size, surgery is your only option.
Banding my hemmies also helped with my fissure. One hemmie was in the same location as my fissure, so the extra swelling caused my fissure to tare more often.
I am so glad I had this procedure done and I will do it again if they ever return.
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby StevePain » 19 Feb 2010, 16:26

That feeling that you need to have a BM is the only real unpleasant part, that aside it's a relatively simple procedure, I also had lots of mucus that seeped out and a bit of blood in the stool. I'm now looking at having an op to get rid of them completely along with my fissure, combined they really are a pain in the ass, I think hemmies make it difficult for the fissure to heal as well
StevePain
King Fissure