LlS, skin tag removal, hems banded

LlS, skin tag removal, hems banded

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LlS, skin tag removal, hems banded

Postby PreggoAF » 24 Jul 2018, 08:11

2 weeks (almost!) since surgery: I’m continuing to heal and do well. I still have a little drainage from the incision site and swollen bump but it’s getting smaller. I can sit and stand for long periods again and I don’t need even Advil for pain and am off all pain killers. I’ve had several larger firmer BMs without issue and don’t really have pain when going, more of a tenderness in the incision site area. Things are getting better! Thanks for the well wishes!
Chronic fissure: January 2018
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
LIS, tag removal, hems banded: July 2018
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby missy moo » 24 Jul 2018, 20:25

I'm so happy for you PreggoAF that's great to hear your story gives me hope x
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby JaiShriRam » 31 Jul 2018, 08:17

Hi Guys, just wanted to ask you guys if any one has had issues with lot of blood during BM when prescribed Flagyl (Metridonazole) ???
I was prescribed yesterday morning by my CRS out of the blue during my 1st follow up post-op. I have taken just 2 doses and my BMs have been a blood bath. Sorry for being gory but I am worried ... Is this normal ? I am taking ibuprofen 400 also....
JaiShriRam
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby PreggoAF » 02 Aug 2018, 12:32

Week 3 post-op visit: Doc says everything is healing well and there’s no sign of infection although my incision site hasn’t healed all the way. He gave me a small tube of hydrocortisone cream for it called Analpram and said it would calm the inflammation down. I told him I was still having some discomfort with and after bowel movements and he said I should feel about 95% of how I want to feel in a few weeks more. So I guess I’ll just give it time and see! Meanwhile I’m to keep my routine of sitz baths and Miralax.
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 02 Aug 2018, 15:42

That's great PreggoAF from what I've read 3 weeks is still early even with the botox 3 weeks is early I didn't start feeling better till 8weeks plus an it just got better an better every month just don't count the days keep busy then one day you'll say wow I feel alot better I'm doing alot better still see blood from time to time with sometimes a bit of discomfort during a bm but after it's fine just annoyed that my muscle doesn't stretch properly I've been thinking about using butt plugs to slowly stretch the muscle I've read stories about it on here an seems really positive, because Botox doesn't stretch the muscle it just relaxes it for 3-6 months is my understanding but I hav had 1 or 2 sore days in the last 2 months
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby PreggoAF » 02 Aug 2018, 18:56

Thanks Missy! I’m hoping this is what my body needed to heal and that I’ll be feeling good again soon :-) Today was a really good day for me pain-wise and I’m hoping for more good days! So glad to hear that you’ve been having a good response to the Botox! Sending you lots of healing vibes :)
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 02 Aug 2018, 19:09

Oh thanks hun you too x one day this will all be far far in the past, chin up
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby JaiShriRam » 08 Aug 2018, 06:01

Hi guys, I am on my day 14 post LIS and I still have a little bit of stool leakage on the gauze. Have any of you experienced this ??? Does this get better ??? Really worried.
JaiShriRam
Salt Bather

Topics: 1