Application of nifedipine

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Postby expedite_it » 14 Oct 2022, 10:15

Yesterday I went to my first appointment with a colorectal surgeon (CRS). The colorectal surgeon did a rectum exam of me. Then he prescribed me nifedipine cream. He instructed me to apply the nifedipine cream to my anus three times a day.

There were no problems the first two times I applied the nifedipine cream to my anus yesterday. The third time that I applied the nifedipine cream to my anus, however, I was in agony. I have short arms relative to my body, and I was not sure if I went deep enough in my anus. I pushed my fingers as far up my anus as I could, and I was in agony. I think I went too deep up my anus. From now on, I will not go so deep when I apply the nifedipine. I am an OTR truck driver. But I was on hometime last night, and I was at my house. Fortunately, I was able to take a warm bath when my anus started hurting or it would have been tough to get through it. THe pain was so severe that I wouldn't have been able to keep working for at least an hour if I was at work.

I put a dab of the nifedipine cream on the end of my pointer finger, and I stuck my finger up my anus to apply the nifedipine cream. I think that my finger scraped on my anal fissures. In other words, I don't think that the nifedipine cream itself irritated my anal fissure. It was my finger that irritated my anal fissure.

Has anyone else ever had this problem of scraping your anal fissure when applying nifedipine cream (or diltiazem cream)?
expedite_it
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8