As a Gay Bottom, need some insight

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: As a Gay Bottom, need some insight

Postby Savaici » 23 Mar 2013, 13:06

Do a search on here for Dr. W, buttquestion. Most people have found it useless, including me.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby guiness » 27 Mar 2013, 08:58

I hate to say it but my minor discomfort has turned into a week of hell for me, especially today. If i was u i would refrain from sex for like a year because you dont want that to get worse and believe me it can. I cant have sex now either because of pain if it makes u feel any better.
guiness
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Savaici » 27 Mar 2013, 12:19

Hi buttquestion,
In reply to your question about a chronic or an acute anal fissure: if a fissure has not healed after 8 to 12 weeks, it is then considered to be chronic. This is why it is important to see a CRS (Colon and Rectal Surgeon) for a diagnosis. They are the ones that see this every day, and deal with them if necessary. Not all of them operate. Mine did not. Most of us have found that a GP is absolutely useless in diagnosing this.
You do not need to have a skin tag operated on. I have 'kept' mine, and do not intend to touch them. It is also known as a sentinel pile. You can research both on here, skin tag and sentinel pile. Skin tags are one of the joys that sometimes come with an anal fissure.
A good CRS in your area. Here is a link: http://health.usnews.com/top-doctors/directory/best-colon-and-rectal-surgeons?page=4
You can also try the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons: http://www.fascrs.org/ . Lots of info there too.
For doctor reviews and ratings try: http://www.vitals.com/
Hope the links help. There is a lot of information on here too. Just do a search.
Best of luck!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby buttquestion » 27 Mar 2013, 13:09

Thank you so much for the info!!!
I went to GP first as when I searched google and people say to see GP first. He prescribed me cortisone instead of nitro... ugh.
Well, he did confirm it's fissure and not a hem. Are they very hard to tell apart? Because I thought I had internal hem but he said he didn't see hem.
buttquestion
Salt Bather

Topics: 5