Atypical fissures

the press ain't good

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Atypical fissures

Postby Benny Lee » 09 Apr 2016, 12:29

I have two healed/healing, or at least painless anterior and posterior fissures. The thing is, a GP saw an 'atypical' fissure on the left of the anoderm, which is usually where I feel most of the pain emanating from. I can't see it using a mirror, and suspect it is kind of inside (the GP of course parted the anus to look). However, literature about this location isn't particularly nice, linking such locations to a variety of conditions including syphilis and herpes. I don't feel I have these conditions, tho recently had a big rash that the doctor thought was little to worry about, and gave me emollient for. I don't really have purulent drainage, but then leaving cotton wool between my buttocks over night last night did present with a tiny amount of greenish mucus in the morning, though my CRS (who is scheduling me for examination under general and LIS) said that such minor pustulance isdsue to the fissure getting a bit 'mucky', like when you catch an unhealed cut on your arm and it goes a bit green and moist for a while. Basically, I've never had an abscess, altho if u see my other posts a couple of junior doctors in A&E have wondered if there is a fistula going on, cos there is a small 'crease' in my anus. Though, again, the CRS (who has 30 yrs experience) dismissed this, saying some anuses just have these creases. Anyone else have, or have had, a fissure that isn't at the six or twelve o'clock spots, and were, or were not, caused by other conditions such as "syphilis, tuberculosis, leukemic infiltrate, carcinoma, herpes" (from this journal http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3048443/)? Yikes!!! I'm pretty sure I've read on this account accounts of 'atypical' fissures, and it not being something so terribly out of the ordinary. Thanks for reading.
Benny Lee
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Atypical fissures

Postby Benny Lee » 09 Apr 2016, 12:30

on this forum that should read, not 'account'
Benny Lee
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6