Avocado

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Avocado

Postby Guest » 14 Nov 2006, 13:07

Does anyone have a good recipe with avocado. I need a good fat besides olive oil. I used to eat nuts, but i think we all know how that turned out!!
I thought for sure i shot the window out after that BM!!! I don't particularly like avocado so maybe something that would dampen the taste a bit. I am trying the butternut pumpkin tonight!! YUMMY!!
On an unrelated note, how do you put those smiley faces in the text? I have tried everything and i just get the word that describes the face.
Thanks,
christina

Re: Avocado

Postby Deleted User 5 » 14 Nov 2006, 13:46

I gotta go to the bathroom:pale:
and i didn't drink much water today:affraid:
This is a test :albino:
Deleted User 5

Postby Deleted User 5 » 14 Nov 2006, 13:48

I gotta go to the bathroom today :pale:
and I didn't go YESTERDAY Image
This is another test :cat:
Deleted User 5

Postby Deleted User 5 » 14 Nov 2006, 13:50

OK, I figured it out, Christina. Write you text as always, then when you get to the point in your text where you want the smiley, go over and double click him. yeah, you will get the title, rather than the actual icon, but later when it actually posts, the smiley should be there...
Hugh :joker:
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 21 Nov 2006, 03:25

buddy123b wrote:Does anyone have a good recipe with avocado

Hi Christina
Have you thought about Guacamole? I find the mayo dampens the taste of the avocado a bit.. you could have this with some wholemeal toasted bread strips as an entree maybe??
2 ripe avocados
Ѕ red onion, minced (about 1/2 cup)
:shock: 1-2 serrano chiles, stems and seeds removed, minced (Maybe you could substitute the Chilli with something else perhaps!)
2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped
1 tablespoon of fresh lime or lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
A dash of freshly grated black pepper
1/2 ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped
Garnish with red radishes or jicama. Serve with tortilla chips.
1 Cut avocados in half. Remove seed. Scoop out avacado from the peel, put in a mixing bowl. (See How to Cut and Peel an Avocado.)
2 Using a fork, mash the avocado. Add the chopped onion, cilantro, lime or lemon, salt and pepper and mash some more. Chili peppers vary individually in their hotness.
Keep the tomatoes separate until ready to serve.
Remember that much of this is done to taste because of the variability in the fresh ingredients. Start with this recipe and adjust to your taste.
3 Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole to prevent oxidation from the air reaching it. Refrigerate until ready.
4 Just before serving, add the chopped tomato to the guacamole and mix.
Serves 2-4