Bajan...New to the Forum...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Bajan...New to the Forum...

Postby Bajan » 17 Nov 2012, 11:28

Hi..
I have been suffering from anal pain for at least two years, thinking that it was hemorrhoids originally. In fact I had several procedures for them...banding, etc...but the pain and bleeding persisted.
About a year ago, the pain became so severe that it was starting to affect my personal life with my family and wife and my job as well.
I went to my family doctor (again) and we talked about the Rudd Clinic in Toronto, ON...
I was referred there, and saw a physician (Dr. Maharaj). He was absolutely fabulous...cannot say enough good about him.
He did a procedure that unfortunately did not work. After we spoke, he referred me to another surgeon in the Toronto area.
There I went through botox injections as a first step, which although uncomortable, were no where near as painful as the finger probe prior to the injections!
That was about 3 weeks ago, and for the last 3 or 4 days, I can feel the numbness of the botox fading and the intense pain returning.
...Back to the way it was...
Looking forward to surgery in the near future.
This affliction really does take over your life. I find myself going to bed at 7pm as when I am sleeping...I have no pain. ...Bajan
Bajan
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Bajan...New to the Forum...

Postby owmybum » 19 Nov 2012, 08:18

Hi bajan,
Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear things are not improving for you.
It is great that you have such a good crs... I am sure they will try everything possible to get you back on track.
Keep browsing these forums... There are tons of great tips for managing and lots of support.... We truly know what you are going through.
Take care
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Re: Bajan...New to the Forum...

Postby Diamond » 19 Nov 2012, 14:04

Hi Bajan - I'm located in Toronto as well. My issues are slightly different from yours but I did go through hell and back trying to find the right surgeon. If you need any advice on CRS referrals in the area - feel free to contact me!
Diamond
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3