Banding Warning!!!

Think twice before you get banding!

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Banding Warning!!!

Postby brent1981 » 23 Nov 2020, 00:21

Hi all. I just wanted to share my story with you.

I had a banding procedure done, where a tight rubber band is placed on your hemorrhoids and over a week they dry up and fall off. I could feel something was not right in there, and over time developed an extremely painful infection. I'd say this anal abscess or infected hemorrhoid was even more painful than ten anal fissures all added up together. I would get these waves of pain, feelings I've never even felt before, plus stabbing sensations, needle poking sensations, and that feeling like after you get punched in the gut. For two nights I could not sleep. After starting the antibiotics, it sort of got down to a size where it wasn't so painful, but came back. Did antibiotics again, same routine. Then I developed a fistula.

None of this would have happened if I didn't get banding. A fistula and abscess are new problems for me, I never had them before. And they may require surgery.

So before going in to get banding, please be careful. Only do one at a time, spaced out far from eachother. Whatever cream they give you, use it EXACTLY as they tell you. I was stupid and didn't insert it up far enough (I think).

So yeah, just be careful is all I gotta say.
brent1981
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Banding Warning!!!

Postby brent1981 » 30 Jun 2021, 22:09

I am back. I got surgery for the fistula which developed. Even though I warned here against banding, I may go do it again because I have a prolapsed hemorrhoid (yeah, the fun just keeps continuing).

Hopefully this time I won't get another infection or fistula. But this prolapsed thing really needs to go. It feels like a fissure.
brent1981
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3