BG appointment?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

BG appointment?

Postby Guest » 24 Jan 2008, 13:03

Just wanted to see if Buttgirl had her appointment yesterday and how that went?

Re: BG appointment?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 24 Jan 2008, 13:26

Yeas, Chris...how did it go?
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 24 Jan 2008, 14:08

hi guys,
thanks for asking. I had planned to write this morning, but got caught up in meetings.
The visit was with a GI and he was great! He reffered me to a very experienced surgeon for LIS, so I will have a consult soon and an operation shortly after that. The GI examined the outside, and didn't hurt me at all. Plus, he was really nice and knowledgeable. He said that most problems from LIS come from ones that were not done right, usually by people who are general surgeons and have not do very many LISs. He did not seem to think that incontinence should be a fear of mine at all.
He also is sending me to get a CT scan of my abdomen, just ot rule out Crohn's once and for all. He doesn't think I have it, but is acting on the medications the GI at Kaiser put me on. He says that if there is something we will be able to see a thickening of the intestinal walls. I've never had a problem with eating and digesting (barring the few months on the heavey antibiotics), or keeping weight on or malnourishment, but just to be safe...
So so far all is good. Thanks so much for asking.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 24 Jan 2008, 14:56

Great news! I am glad he turned out to be understanding and thorough. That is always a comfort!

Postby juney » 25 Jan 2008, 12:19

good news BG! so it sounds like you're definitely going in for the LIS soon...good luck and i hope you have more success than i have!!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby buttgirl » 25 Jan 2008, 12:46

thanks guys.
I called to set up a time for the surgeon consult and could not get and appt until March 12. Who knows how long it will take to get the surgery after that. I guess there is a price to pay for competent care! I will just have to call every day and ask if there are any cancellations....
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 25 Jan 2008, 18:52

Chris,
You are going to have LIS? Sorry I need to be updated. Are you ok? Are you having AF pain again? I am so sorry , but I am glad you had the appt with a great doctor. He sounds like he knows his stuff. Keep us posted
Take Care
Patty

Postby buttgirl » 28 Jan 2008, 10:56

thanks, Juney.
Patty,Yes, I'm still in pain. I guess I still haven't completely healed from the surgery last year. It felt like I did for a while, but I guess not. some days I hardly notice the fissure, but on days like today, I can definitely tell that something is there and quite sore. Is the botox still working for you?
Chris
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 28 Jan 2008, 11:03

I am amazed at how little you complain, Chris. You just perservere through the pain. I do hope that this ends for you soon. I so want you to be well! Hope you feel better or at least back to baseline soon.

Postby Guest » 28 Jan 2008, 14:03

Chris,
I thought you were getting the botox shots on a regular basis? Is your AF beyond that type of treatment now?