Bleeding Again...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Bleeding Again...

Postby motherluch » 14 Feb 2008, 08:25

Okay, this time was the worst episode of bleeding I ever had. I took a low dose of MOM last night and had to go this morning but it was hard at first and I had to push...I then bled alot, toilet bowl was red, actually covered the tissue several times and I even saw a little blood clot as well. Needless to say, I freaked out, called the Dr. who just did the infrared coagulation on me the day before yesterday, and he will see me at 1 pm today. He is 2 hours away, what a nightmare drive that
is, thank God my husband is going to take me again...he is a Saint I swear. I am just scared and very concerned since I just had the treatment the day before yesterday which has stopped the bleeding the last 3 times I had it done, and this time I seemed to have bled worse than ever. Sorry to be so graphic but I know you all have a way of making me feel better so I am providing all of the yucky details!!
Once again, thanks so much for listening and providing much needed words of wisdom and support.
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Re: Bleeding Again...

Postby Guest » 14 Feb 2008, 08:55

Good thing you called the Dr! I'm not familiar with infrared therapy but what you are going thru doesn't sound normal so you did the right thing. Let us know how it goes and stay strong. Many of us are going thru similar things at the moment and it's a blessing to know that we can all be here to support one another even if it's just thru words. Wish I had a magic cure :( Good luck

Postby juney » 14 Feb 2008, 10:41

i'm glad you got such a quick appointment! it definitely sounds like you're having an abnormal amount of bleeding. hopefully the dr can reassure you or provide some medically sound advice.
i used to have clots all the time from my uterine fibroids so. i know how scary it is to see that much blood in the toilet! try to keep yourself calm as much as possible. i know it's hard. good luck with the drive and appointment!!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 14 Feb 2008, 10:45

It seems like based on the timing it is probably related to the procedure you had some way. I am sorry-I know it is scary. I hope the doctor can give you some reassurance.

Postby buttgirl » 14 Feb 2008, 10:47

I wonder if your dr just missed the mark a bit with the infared.
also, the increase in bleeding is porbably due to the increase in pushing. I remember when I first got this thing, I could make myself bleed at will just by pushing. I managed to turn the bowl bright red and cover several tissues---call it morbid curiosity--before I pulled up my pants. i could also sit down and any time of the day and push and I would start bleeding.
Still, it's good to go to the dr. and get it checked out
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby motherluch » 14 Feb 2008, 17:33

Well, I'm back from the Dr. thanks everyone for your repies. He actually did a sigmoidoscopy but couldn't get very far since I had some stool in there, but what he did see was just a little irritation to the colon not a big deal. He tried to see where I was actually bleeding from as he examined me with the anoscope but for some reason he couldn't find the source. He said where he did the infrared on Tuesday looked fine, and actually did another infrared treatment guessing that may have been the spot where the bleeding was from. It was quite uncomfortable because he put the anoscope in 3 different times, trying to kind of push on the area to see if he could get it to bleed again, to no avail. I hope that is a good thing although now I am wondering where the source of the bleeding is from?? He said he has to assume it is from one of the hemorrhoids, but unfortunately he is not sure which one. I am perplexed. I am hoping it isn't from anywhere up farther than he could see, the thought of that scares me, but given my history I have to trust he knows what he is talking about. He also does want me to go for a colonoscopy when things settle down here. Well, I suppose I will try a little higher dose of the MOM tonight so maybe I will not need to push tomorrow and know that I will probably bleed, but at least I know that it stopped today. I just do NOT want to get diarrhea. Any further thoughts???? Hope everyone is feeling well today! Thanks again.
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby Guest » 14 Feb 2008, 17:46

Don't push motherluch. I bleed also when I push. I agree with buttgirl. Try to relax during a BM I know it is hard. I close my eyes and breath slowly in and out. I learned the hard way not to rush things especially a BM. I would try to increase the MOM. I take fish oil at night that also helps me.

Patty

Postby Guest » 14 Feb 2008, 18:24

What I do is to push to get it started and then try to let the involuntary muscles kind of push it the rest of the way. I then relax and wait for the next urge. After 5 minutes I just get up because I don't want to strain or sit there too long. I can't believe I used to just sit there and read for 15-20 minutes but it was the only time I could escape my kids (sort of!)

When I had the fissure last year I bled on and off. Sometimes the toilet bowl water would be tinged red but more often as it is now it is just a pile of blood on the last part of the stool. Maybe instead of wiping you can try a hand held shower head if you have one and rinse off that way. I still can't wipe with a wipe because that area is way too painful.

You could try a little mineral oil too-like a teaspoon to start to see if that helps to coat things so you don't have any rough edges. I am glad you are responding to the infrared treatments though.

When we were discussing how men and women are treated different by doctors I wanted to mention how when my husband went to the same doctor for hemorrhoids he got rubber band ligation and infrared and the doctor wrote him a prescription for vicodin even though he said it didn't hurt. Now, when I went in for treatment by the same doctor, same procedure though I was in a lot of pain she didn't offer me anything at all.

Postby Guest » 15 Feb 2008, 16:31

Lecia, I'm having problems sending private messages. It was working fine the other day but today they just sit in my outbox even after it says that the message was sent? Any suggestions?
Sorry to post it here.
Hope everyone is having in pain free day!

Postby val » 15 Feb 2008, 16:59

I had that problem! It just means that the person you sent it to hasn't logged into the forum yet-when they do, your message will be sent!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86