blending raw foods

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

blending raw foods

Postby Deleted User 917 » 24 Sep 2011, 14:41

Curious to know what people have experienced with things like green smoothies and in blending raw foods... is it the shape and size of the food that causes the irritation? Or is it the raw food itself...?
Deleted User 917

Re: blending raw foods

Postby of all the places to hurt » 24 Sep 2011, 15:54

YUK!!! Just YUK!!! Sorry :oops:
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Deleted User 917 » 24 Sep 2011, 18:31

Green smoothies aren't gross... we made them occasionally pre-AF, usually a mix of fruit with some veggies thrown in for added nutrition. It usually still tastes like a fruit smoothie--it's just green. It's a great way to get my picky 2-year-old some veggies and diversity in her diet. ...but we do have a vitamix blender which does a much better job than a regular one.
You can also add nuts and grains and still end up with something that tastes like a jamba juice.
...I'm not talking blending a steak or anything...
Deleted User 917

Postby Guest » 24 Sep 2011, 21:07

Hey pearlie,
Some of us have had some problems with uncooked fruit or veggies not digesting well and causing rougher/ scratchy bm's.
That may not be the case for you though... I couldn't eat any kind of nuts. They just didn't digest well and basically came out like they went in Image Others have said they never had a problem Image I've heard some say raw veggies caused problems for them. I ate apples in the beginning with my fissure. Things just weren't going so well for me as I didn't have a clue what I should or shouldn't be eating and just stopped eating anything that was raw or not cooked very soft...
Basically you may have to experiment and see how it goes for you. I'm sure juicing, pureeing or blending has to help but It's just hard to say what results it will give you personally. I know it can be really tough getting all the vitamins and nutrition when there's such a limit on what can be safe to eat...
ps...
I have a really hard time getting veggies into my little girl. I need to look into some smoothie recipes! Right now it's all green beans, broccoli (surprise) and green apples. She wont touch an apple that's not green and is very picky about her veggies?! Lol.

Postby of all the places to hurt » 25 Sep 2011, 06:17

I don't know? Don't you think our bodies work against us sometimes ie...I drank slimfast for a week thinking that it's just fluid and vitamins so surely my bms would be runny?? No, not at all If anything I got constipated. It is all trial & error though. Thanks for enlightening me on green smoothies etc..Each to there own Image
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14