Blood on the TP (part II)

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Blood on the TP (part II)

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Apr 2008, 06:15

Well, it happened again this morning! As I was having my morning BM, I felt a sting as the first "movement" of my little "opera" transpired. Ouch! I glanced at a very mis-shapen stool that was obviously hard-tipped!! Upon wiping, there was some blood on the toilet paper. I itched like crazy for a couple minutes!
Now it's almost been a year and a half since my surgery in Dec '07! This is the fourth time since last November this has happened. I did fall off my diet yesterday, almost no veggies but I did have fruit.
Am I disappointed?
YES!!:( Image :flush: Image
The moral of the story is this problem can truly be chronic, lifelong and there's no excuse for not always staying on the AF diet. I have to wonder if my sphincter will eventually revert to it's normal tight-assed self and i'll be back to square again someday!
Bummerchucks!
Last edited by Deleted User 5 on 30 Apr 2008, 07:16, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 5

Re: Blood on the TP (part II)

Postby Jen » 27 Apr 2008, 07:58

Sorry Kim! I hope your not still in pain! Gosh - everyone's been having so many setbacks! YIKES! I truely believe that I need to stay on the AF diet for the rest of my life too, and thats not a bad thing - it is a healthy diet!
Let us know how the next few days go!
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 27 Apr 2008, 09:14

Ooo sorry to hear that Kim !!
Dont be disappointed just be good to yourself !
The diet is such hardwork i know Image

Postby Jo » 27 Apr 2008, 10:29

Image Sorry to hear. :!^~: Hope things get back to normal and good soon.
Sometimes I feel like I will never be "normal" again. I think we can...Can we?
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 27 Apr 2008, 10:30

oh man! I thought you were the untouchable one here-no setsbacks or complaints. I am sorry! But I guess you know the drill by now! Eat well, take a stool softener for a few days if you have too and I bet it will pass over quickly.

Sorry, buddy. :(

Postby cherylk » 27 Apr 2008, 17:46

What is the AF DIET?
Thanks,
Cheryl K.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby motherluch » 27 Apr 2008, 18:43

Kim, I am sure this will be a small set back for you...it has to be...you are the main man here!!!! Just keep things as soft as possible and it should be fine.
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Apr 2008, 19:08

THANKS! To all of you. I was never in any real pain, but it is a bit scary when that happens. One has to wonder if the d@mned thing wants to come back!
I really posted that as a little fair warning for everyone, and for those who's LIS never really "took." The surgery isn't really a "cure" so much as a treament that in most cases helps heal the fissure. But the underlying causes are still there, and one will always have to keep on one's toes!
Cheryl, the AF diet is simply a focus on fruits and (usually cooked, soft) vegetables, and lots of water, and less meat. It also includes cutting out junk foods, alcohol (for the most part) and just about everygood thing one loves to eat! Like pizza and burgers!
Deleted User 5

Postby mlsohm » 27 Apr 2008, 19:17

Kim, sorry to hear of your setback. I don't know what to tell you except that when I was having setbacks I would stick closer to the AF diet. I quit eating red meat, bread, except Ezekiel bread. I eat for my blood type. I'm type A. So the only meat is white meat and certain fish. I eat a lot of wild caught cold water fish, and take a fish oil. I also grind flax seed every day. I also eat a lot of fruit and veggies.Good luck and it will work out. MLS
mlsohm
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Apr 2008, 19:22

Sounds like you have the omga #s pegged! You should have a great, healthy heart! I wish I could stay away from red meat! I just crave it sometimes!
As long as the pain doesn't come back, I am not too worried. Not *too* worried, anyway.
Had any "supper" lately? :)
Deleted User 5