Bm and Vaseline

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Bm and Vaseline

Postby Corsi » 16 Oct 2008, 02:04

When having a fissure we don't really look forward to having a BM, and we have tried a lot of things to help things go as smooth as possible (nitro, Xylocain, squatting, diet, painkillers, etc.).
Could Vaseline be used on a daily basis when having a BM, or would that be bad? Bacterias? Bad for the skin?
Anyone who has any experience with vaseline?
Corsica
Last edited by Anonymous on 29 Oct 2008, 06:04, edited 1 time in total.
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Re: Bm and Vaseline

Postby Fissulyna » 16 Oct 2008, 02:11

I was advised by CRS to use Vaseline - so I guess it must be OK. Vaseline is inert emollient - which means that it is NOT absorbed by the skin - it just makes barrier. It is completely synthetic and does not interfere with other medications unless you mix it with Nitro and such - than it changes % of the medicine. I use it for almost a year now without any problems . Actually my favorite base for mixing stuff in my bathroom lab. :witchpump:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby happyass » 16 Oct 2008, 05:50

fissy took the words right out of my hands.....(from typing on the keyboard! Image
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby gahgah604 » 16 Oct 2008, 06:19

Corsica, can you give me an honest evaluation ? was your diarrhea really watery and acidy ? how many times were you going per day ? how long did you have the diarrhea ?
when you were having your diarrhea, did the vaseline really help ? I mean did it really create a barrier that protected your fissure ? how much worse did it really make your fissure ?
thanks Corsica Image
gahgah604
Salt Bather

Topics: 17

Postby Guest » 16 Oct 2008, 06:26

Most of the compounds that are made for anal use like dilitazem, nifedipine are mixed in a petroleum base so it must be okay!

Postby Corsi » 16 Oct 2008, 14:43

Image I will continue using vaseline :)
gahgah604 wrote:Corsica, can you give me an honest evaluation ? was your diarrhea really watery and acidy ? how many times were you going per day ? how long did you have the diarrhea ?
when you were having your diarrhea, did the vaseline really help ? I mean did it really create a barrier that protected your fissure ? how much worse did it really make your fissure ?
thanks Corsica Image

First gahgah, so many on the board have tried to use Vaseline and other stuff to create a barrier, and they say it work. I haven't used it with diarrhea, only with "normal" BM - once. I think that worked well, and that was the reason I started this thread - to find out if it safe to use. You just have to trust them when they say it works, they are " experienced and qualified fissure people" :D
All diarrhea is watery and acidy isn't it? I had d. last Monday and it was painful, but after a couple of days things were back to normal. I don't have a lot of d. Since I was diagnosed with celiac disease it has been under control.
Bloody Mary Image
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby happyass » 16 Oct 2008, 17:25

if your diarrhea is too acidic, then you should begin to work with eating things that are less acidic to almost neutralizing so you don't have that issue.
not all diarrhea is acidic but it does depend what you have consumed too.
key here is that what you put in your mouth + the inner workings of your body = whatever comes out
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby gahgah604 » 16 Oct 2008, 19:13

Corsica wrote:Image I will continue using vaseline :)
gahgah604 wrote:Corsica, can you give me an honest evaluation ? was your diarrhea really watery and acidy ? how many times were you going per day ? how long did you have the diarrhea ?
thanks Corsica Image

First gahgah, so many on the board have tried to use Vaseline and other stuff to create a barrier, and they say it work. I haven't used it with diarrhea, only with "normal" BM - once. I think that worked well, and that was the reason I started this thread - to find out if it safe to use. You just have to trust them when they say it works, they are " experienced and qualified fissure people" :D
All diarrhea is watery and acidy isn't it? I had d. last Monday and it was painful, but after a couple of days things were back to normal. I don't have a lot of d. Since I was diagnosed with celiac disease it has been under control.
Bloody Mary Image

Glad that it worked for you with your normal BM's ! I hope it works just as well with diarrhea !
gahgah604
Salt Bather

Topics: 17

Postby SunshineHope » 19 Oct 2008, 13:23

I used to use a lot of vaseline, like loads of it, before I actually went to the doctor to see what the problem was. I had pain during my teen years too, it wasn't as bad or frequent as fissure pain but maybe I had hemmies. I never paid attention to it, until of course it got as horrible as fissure pain. For a few years though, anytime pain would occur, I would use vaseline. My doctor, when she first checked me, thought I was using a lot of lubricant or something because she said the skin around my anus was discoloured compared to the neighboring skin I guess! I really don't give a crap, because if it provides relief, no one's going to notice a bit of discolouration. But she said that sometimes vaseline can do that if you use a lot. Remember, I had been using it occasionally for a few years, sometimes everyday sometimes once a month.
So I don't think it'd be so bad.. But Ido remember hearing from another so urce as well that vaseline can discolour the skin a bit (it makes it lighter)
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby lars » 26 Oct 2008, 17:24

I think I will give vaseline a try. I have big problems with burning after a BM. If it comes with a "anal bleaching" it`s two things for the price of one :)
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion