Booked in for Surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Booked in for Surgery

Postby Guest » 21 Nov 2006, 03:00

Hi all
I havent been on in a while - this horrible thing has consumed me for nearly 4 days, I'm living in absolute fear of my next BM, I've been taking salt baths, (I feel like i've been in them more than out Image )
Im not sure what made it worse, but I sure does hurt more than ever before.
I went to my GP and he went over the same things we've already been through - then he gave me a referral to a CRS in the city. I saw him and he recommended getting the operation :shock: I went home and thought about it - and the pain had not subsided so I rang back and asked them to book me in Image I know i shouldnt be - after everything I have read here.. but i'm so afraid.
Im not sure when the Op will be, I am on a waiting list - hopefully it is not too far away, I don't think I can bare this much longer.
Does anyone have any recommedations on how long I will need off of work?
I hope everyone else is doing ok..
Annie :|

Re: Booked in for Surgery

Postby Deleted User 5 » 21 Nov 2006, 10:06

Well, good luck, I bet you are about to "whoop" this thing.
As for me, well, I think I may "join" you. My AF has gotten worse here lately, too. The pain has been almost constant for the past two days and I swear I have no idea why. I'm so sick of this! I think, even though I'm not that sure about him, I'm going to visit my surgeon and have him line me up for surgery the first of the year. I don't know how I can afford to miss work, as I don't have any sick days. But I can't go on like this:(

Hugh
Deleted User 5

Postby Cheryl » 21 Nov 2006, 18:01

Sorry Annie, sounds like your struggling - dont be frightened of surgery - from most of the experieces i have heard - including my own.. its a piece a pie.. you'll have a new butt in no time :D Chin up
sorry i forgot to mention the time off.. I took 1.5 weeks - but i feel i went back too soon, i wish i had 2, poss even 3 weeks.. but i did manage on 1.5. Everyone is different - i guess it depends on your what work you do.
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Guest » 25 Nov 2006, 02:27

thanks for your positive thoughts - i feel now like the waiting is killing me. Im hoping every call is the hospital to book me in Image
the pain has not really subsided at all in the last few days, its a nightmare. I am going to try those wipes Cheryl posted about - see if they help at all.
Im trying to keep my chin up, but its an effort today.. sorry Image

Postby Guest » 25 Nov 2006, 21:57

I'm sorry to hear that things have been so bad for you! I can totally relate....I've also come to the conclusion that surgery is what its going to take to beat this. :pale:
What we've heard here has been very encouraging, but I'm still scared of the idea too. I feel like with my luck, things will end up worse...
Please let us know when you get a date set. Hang in there Image
Sara

Postby Guest » 04 Dec 2006, 04:08

:sleep: I got woken early by a call today... it was the hospital - Image I am booked in for LIS & Fissurectomy next monday 11th dec - looks like im gonna join the 'New Butt Club' just in time for christmas :lol!:
Annie Image

Postby Deleted User 5 » 05 Dec 2006, 09:26

Well, that's funny , Annie, I'll be at *my* new Colo-rectal guy the same day (monday the 11th). They want to to torture me :twisted: before I get there, I was advised to avoid fruits and vegetables for three days prior to the visit, and to take laxatives the day before the visit and two enemas an hour before the visit. Oh, and clear liquids the day before the visit. All this just look at my anus. I called 'em and told them that would maximize my pain, so they said just do the enemas. That is still quite horrible, given how I have to drive myself for 90 minutes just to get to their office.

Hugh :joker:
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 06 Dec 2006, 23:47

That's weird, Hugh! I never thought I'd hear of a doctor ever telling someone to "avoid" fruits and vegetables Image Did they say why you should do that?
I'll be thinking about you and Annie on Monday, and praying for the best :D
take care,
Sara

anxious

Postby Guest » 07 Dec 2006, 10:40

You guys, I'm SO scared. My surgery is tomorrow. I can't believe I'll have to be awake through the whole thing!!!! Luckily I can have a sedative if I want one. But still!!! they assured me that I won't feel a thing, EXCEPT for the freezing needle which they said was painful. I'm so mentally exhausted from this fissure which is seriously affecting the quality of my life, so this surgery is necessary, but I am praying that I won't have incontinence problems afterwards. What a shitty (ha!) choice to have to make: pain or risk of incontinence. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
The success stories posted here are helping calm me down a bit, but I'm still scared. I hope the recovery period is not as painful as the actual fissure.
Wish me luck...
Geneviиve

Postby Guest » 07 Dec 2006, 11:15

TAKE A DEEP BREATH MY FRIEND!!..
IF YOU READ MY TOPIC OF///THE GIZ'S NEW ASS...YOULL SEE I WAS SCARED TO DEATH ALSO... READ WHAT I WENT THRU...I THINK AFTER ALL WAS SAID AND DONE THE WORST PART WAS JUST BEING EMBARRESED..!!..
YOUR ON YOUR WAY//TO A GREAT NEW LIFE!!!.....
GODSPEED MY FREIND!
THE GIZ