Botox (4 days ago) & thrombosed hemmie (removed 2 days ago)

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Botox (4 days ago) & thrombosed hemmie (removed 2 days ago)

Postby rugbybaby » 24 Mar 2012, 13:42

I feel AWESOME!
I think people only post here when they are in severe pain and at their wits end. I wanted to let folks know the good side too!!
I am less than a week out from Botox (3/20) and then developed a thrombosed hemorrhoid the day after. My doctor removed the hemmie in office (open, no stitches) on 3/22. I was a little shaky the first few days. But today I feel great, even after a BM! There is a little discomfort sitting, mostly pinching. But no-pain meds! I know what I have to do: keep my stools soft, #1 priority! I've decided to keep a mostly vegetarian diet, by no means strict~I have to have occasional bacon!!! And keep off of soda.
Here's to good times and no ass pain!
Happy Saturday!
Sara Image
rugbybaby
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: Botox (4 days ago) & thrombosed hemmie (removed 2 days ago)

Postby bobbles » 24 Mar 2012, 17:01

So glad you are doing better. You're right people only post when they are desperate. I had botox on 27th February. After being pain free for a week, I had a set back and was in terrible pain for few days. But, it seems it was just a minor blip and I'm still pain free!

I was dreading have botox, I couldn't find any success stories, but I'm so glad I had it done, its the best thing ever. I suffered for so long and to finally be able to sit down properly, to be able to concentrate on my work, to drive!! Its all just so wonderful.
So to anyone who is thinking of getting it done, what have you got to lose, you're in pain anyway, and botox does work, it has for me!
bobbles
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby workingonit » 24 Mar 2012, 18:01

Rugbybaby and Bobbles,
So glad to hear good botox stories, thanks!
Bobbles, did you ever find out what else they did to you when they did the botox?
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby bobbles » 25 Mar 2012, 10:13

Hi Tanya
I have a follow up appointment on the 18th April (I actually have 3, so I have to ring up and see which is the right one!!!!), so hopefully I will find out then. I have a lot a questions to ask them!!
bobbles
Fibre Addict

Postby lindwe » 27 Mar 2012, 16:05

bobbles - I hope your healing and pain free days continue.
Sara - wow and go you! It's so good to read how well you feel. Long may it continue. You certainly deserve a bravery award after what you've been through recently. Hope your hubby's hand has recovered. Image
Keep well both
lindwe
Salt Bather

Postby sailorgal » 15 Apr 2012, 08:51

that's so encouraging to hear, rugbybaby and bobbles!
thank you for sharing your positive stories.
i just updated my botox post - had mine 1/24 with fissurectomy; on the whole things have gotten better - however, i'm still having pain while going - less afterwards, intermittent blood; and something that appears to either be continued significant swelling or a hemmie. not sure which. i feel like the fissure pain is gone; but that whatever is obstructing the very opening (either swelling or a hemmie) keeps getting reopened when i go and leaves a dull, burning, pain after; walking has actually become slightly uncomfortable again. but i see my CRS tuesday for a 3 month post-op.
anyway, any thoughts on what this might be? have you noticed your swelling going down quickly? my healing overall was very slow after the botox-fissurectomy mostly bcz my CRS said there was a lot of infected scar tissue to remove and the tear was large and deep.
anyway, please keep us informed on your continued progress - it is very encouraging for the rest of us!
:)
sailorgal
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Re: Botox (4 days ago) & thrombosed hemmie (removed 2 days a

Postby mamafizz » 30 Jan 2017, 20:08

mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1