Botox Update

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Botox Update

Postby Guest » 03 Dec 2007, 11:48

So I think the botox shot is unfortunately wearing off. I'm starting to feel lite spasms and increased tighness but no "fissure pain." Anyone thinking of botox should defintely give it as try. I didn't realize how much it helped until now that it's wearing off.
I have a follow-up with my CRS next week. I'm hoping he'll say that things look better and I'm healing. If that's the case then I'll schedule another shot and hopefully that will give me a leg up on healing.

Re: Botox Update

Postby Deleted User 5 » 03 Dec 2007, 13:46

Yes, from what I have seen, one round is not enough to provide complete healing but it does provide relief, albeit temporary. How long did your relief last?
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 03 Dec 2007, 14:13

Thanks for the update! Yeah, it seems like 2-3 rounds is pretty typical from what the experience here.

Postby Guest » 03 Dec 2007, 14:28

This shot lasted about 2 months. Hopefully my CRS will tell me that the fissure looks better. If he doesn't confirm improvement then I will seriously consider LIS.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 03 Dec 2007, 15:03

two months sounds about right....
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 04 Dec 2007, 15:21

hey patty, you've already given your fissure some botox and if that ain't making it happy, then consider the LIS for your fissure a nice little face lift! :-) maybe your fissure wants the full extreme makeover!!!! hehehehehehe......
a little humor here.....
in any event, keep up the good work on your progressive healing.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 04 Dec 2007, 18:46

Hello,
Well Gareth, I am having better results with this second shot. I agree with Bum get another shot. If I have to I will get third one. I am pain free since before Thanksgiving. It does help relax things to get the body to heal the fissure. I am staying on my routine until I know I am healed and even after that I am staying on this new diet. Bum get another shot it will be even better this time.
Thanks
Patty..

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Dec 2007, 19:40

Patty,
You are going to make a great guinea pig for the board...you're the little white lab mouse we put away strictly for botox therapy!! Make us all happy with good results, now!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 07 Dec 2007, 05:02

Thanks Kim, I will do what ever it takes to help out everyone here!!
Still so far so good with this second shot. Somedays I don't even remember I have this AF thing!
Patty

Postby Deleted User 5 » 07 Dec 2007, 07:13

. Somedays I don't even remember I have this AF thing!
Patty

You mean you have long stretches of time where you aren't obsessed with AF?
I bet that even feels odd, after all you went though earlier this year!
Deleted User 5