Bright red Blood on TP / Concerned

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Bright red Blood on TP / Concerned

Postby leahnc » 13 Feb 2016, 08:40

Hi. I am not new, but haven't been on here in a while. I took one immodium a few weeks ago and I didn't have a bowel movement for 4 days (compared to daily or every other day normally). The bowel movements was so difficult to pass and very large! I sat on the toilet for 15 minutes straining. I had to pass it because it was kinda stuck in the opening. Anyway of course there was a bit of blood which I expected. I didn't feel a tear at that time but knew that I had damaged my anus. Well last night I was constipated again but the stool was small and round. When I wiped there was quite a bit of bright red blood. Very alarming considering the bowel movement wasnt all that painful but I did strain and push? I've had anal fissures that burn and itch but this time hasn't been very painful? I examined myself this morning and can't really tell what I'm looking at? I never look down there but it appears that the rear side of my anus hole has a slit when I pull my bottom apart? No blood is coming from it during examination. I also think I may have some small external hemorrhoids? Very concerned. I just spent a good two months with my Gastrointerologist he gave me a good bill of health and now this. Should I return to him or my primary doctor or can I do home care to see if it heals? Thanks so much. Im very worried!! :confused:
leahnc
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Bright red Blood on TP / Concerned

Postby felix » 18 Feb 2016, 17:07

Hi, I am sorry that you are feeling so anxious and know too well the fear that this can cause! I think that if there is no pain, that is a really good sign. I would take steps to make stool soft and maybe get on one of the fissure creams if you can to start healing any problems. Could the blood be from an internal hemmy. They can bleed painlessly quite a bit I think.
Could you give it a few days, make sure stool stays soft and then go back to your Gastroenterologist?
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Re: Bright red Blood on TP / Concerned

Postby leahnc » 28 Feb 2016, 10:55

Thanks for replying. I thought I was starting to heal and was actually feeling better over the past week or so. I have been on & off medications that cause constipation so its hard to heal. I noticed red blood around my stool yesterday and after examining myself I have a tear that bleeds right on the outside of the anus (sorry TMI) I sometimes feel a little feeling of fullness (spasms?) in my rectum and think I might have an internal fissure or hemmorhoids? I don't really itch, just have mild pain when I have a bowel movement. This is all so fun - LOL :(
leahnc
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4