Bromelain Pineapple Extract

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Bromelain Pineapple Extract

Postby Jen » 05 May 2009, 19:00

Hi everyone -
FYI - I discovered a new supplement that might help some folks. A ER doctor told me that Bromelain/Pineapple Extract was great for hemmie/AF patients. We had a patient yesterday in severe pain and he recomended this until she got into surgery with the CRS. I am sure it is not a miracle cure, but it is worth trying. It is supposed to reduce inflammation. It comes in pill form and I looked at it on the vitamin shoppe online & it is fairly inexpensive ( great for this economy). Here is some more info on it...
http://ezinearticles.com/?Bromelain-Heal-Twice-As-Fast!-A-Secret-to-a-Much-Longer,-Pain-Free-and-Healthier-Life&id=2054381
Add anything if you need to Fissy! I love your advise on this type of subject! Image
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Re: Bromelain Pineapple Extract

Postby Fissulyna » 05 May 2009, 20:18

Hey Jen babe Image Image Image !!!! Nothing to add - completely safe supplements, and even nice tasting LOL. Yes, they come as a pill, but one can feel a nice sweet taste before swallowing them. I used to take them on and off for other conditions, but never for fissure :roll:. Yes, they are nice mild general anti-inflammatory supplements - but you know what buddy - with acute fissure and no LIS and tight butt - I do not think anything can help - natural or artificial Image - at least it was like that with me (sigh...) BUT - definitely worth of trying !!!!! One never knows what can help to whom Image Image Image !!!! And especially the substance that is completely safe and beneficial for digestion anyway !!!!
I can't wait for you to get your diploma Image You will be just the coolest nurse ever !!!! Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jen » 05 May 2009, 20:56

Thanks Fissy! Image Your too sweet to me! Image
Thanks for the input - it's nice to know they taste great! You always have such wonderful advise! Image
Jen
King Fissure

Postby juney » 06 May 2009, 10:17

fissy - you're amazing on the herbal topic! how do you know so much about everything?
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Fissulyna » 06 May 2009, 11:40

Jen - I am not too sweet LOL - you are what you are Image Smart, compassionate, eager to learn, eager to help, open for alternative approaches , love to work with people , great team player - you will be a Head Nurse very soon - mark Fissy's words Image And bless you for choosing that profession - you will help so many people in so many ways Image
Juney LOL - I come from a culture where integrative medicine was part of healing since the beginning of time. We had fantastic doctors and hospitals , but regular doctor would always hand-out Rx AND the list of complementary alternative treatments. People also knew through experience handed from generation to generation what works and what not. Than there is that fact that I am a biologist ; ), and we had course named "Natural Resources" where we learned all about medicinal herbs and mushrooms and other plant and animal products of high medical potency !!!! Do you know, for example that in Russia they treated people who were exposed to high radiation with goat milk and beet juice and had much lower incidence in malignancies , etc etc... I was always fascinating by those things. Unfortunately since my early thirties I started developing weird conditions and regular doctors here were of NO use in nay way . So I had to look for help "on the side" and bought many books about herbal remedies and learned additional facts and treated myself and it always helped in some degree. I trust the herbal approach the most of all alternative methods since many MANY "modern" medicines are actually made by mimicking
alkaloids and other substances derived from plants. Herbs are very safe if used properly , so gentle and synergistic with our body that they are kind of "health inducing food" for us LOL The usage and preparation is sometimes time consuming and it is so much easier for us to take things "ready made" and we all want a quick fix naturally ; ))). Herbs need time to work and diligent adherence to the protocol LOL, and most people just do not have time or inclination for it. OMG LOL _ I am writing the "introduction" for herbal manual now - so sorry Juney LOL - got carried away ha ha ha... Bottom line - I learned about them growing up, studying Biology, and than because I needed alternative healing paths for myself Image
How are you doing , by the way - I hope that small set-back is calming down !? Image Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby juney » 06 May 2009, 12:17

i'll buy your herbal manual if you ever write one, your'e so knowledgeable :D
my small set-back in february has turned into a never-ending problem. nothing seems to make a difference. i'm looking into a new CRS and trying to get the guts to follow thru with an appt....
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 06 May 2009, 12:41

Good one, Jen ! Image
I will take 10 of your books, Fissy !
Good for you, Juney !
Sorry things don't seem to be easing up Image
I hope soon you will find the best CRS to help you Image

Postby Fissulyna » 06 May 2009, 21:38

Heh heh, girls, you are too kind Image - but thanks XOXO !!!!
Juney - would you be able to travel here in Bay Area and see my CRS ??? Image I would just HATE you go to another CRS who is not competent enough :( - go through painful exam and have no new approach or adequate input (sigh...). Buttgirl had very good CRS in Irvine area - is that too far from you ??? Darn it Image - there must be somebody out there who could help you - we just need to find him/her Image
Till then- sending you a ton of healing vibes Image Image : )))
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 07 May 2009, 07:54

I wish Juney would heal too. It's very cool you guys stay on here even after you have healed.
I love the pic Tabby!

Postby Jen » 07 May 2009, 21:30

Fissy -
Your too nice to me! Image I am so afraid of being a nurse and I am afraid I picked the wrong profession. Every night I come home and have anxiety about my patient care. To put it frankly, I always think I am going to kill someone with a procedure or a medication error. I am suck a careful responsible person, but I could never live with myself if my actions hurt another person. I wonder if all student nurses fell this way.... Image So...hearing your kind words lowers my anxiety level! Image
I do value your opinion on the herbal supplement topic. Your so smart about this stuff! Do you know anything I can use for my baby with his keratosis pilaris and dermatitis? I have tried coconut oil, but it did not work...he ended up licking himself all the time because it smells so good! Image The dermatologist has given me numerous creams too, but nothing I am really excited about. We have been fighting his skin problems for about a year. I just thought I would ask you if you knew anything off the top of your head - at this point I would rub red paint all over him if I knew it would help.
If you ever, write a book, I want to be the first to have an autographed copy! Image
Juney - I agree with Fissy on this one. I always tell you this, but I do think you need a new set of eyes to see your butt. That does not mean another surgery, just another opinion. It can not hurt to talk to someone else. I do understand that it is scary to see someone new after everything you have been through - but you have nothing to loose! Image
Jen
King Fissure

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements