Bromelain Pineapple Extract

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Bromelain Pineapple Extract

Postby Fissulyna » 08 May 2009, 14:19

Jen sweetness - I just spent 30 min writing you and all disappeared before I could post it Image Image Image Image Image Image - I will be back soon when I calm my nerves and remember all I wrote Image - I HATE COMPUTERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jen » 08 May 2009, 21:33

Oh no Fissy! I hate it when that happens to me. Thats ok - take your time - I am not going anywhere darling! Image
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 08 May 2009, 22:16

Hey Jen-Jen Image - here I am Image Maybe it happened for a reason LOL - I spent whole afternoon doing some research about keratosis and dermatitis and I got even better idea of what might help Image . I will send you a PM Image
I also tried to comfort you about your "profession choice" Image - your apprehension only shows how up to detail you will be and how devoted care-taker you are !!!! We allll make mistakes and they are inevitable but human error is so different from negligence , there is no comparison. If you do all that is in your power to help and than fail - you should than be free of any guilt - human body is not a machine and how it will react and IF it will react to medical procedure is completely out of your power , dear Jen. I know that I would never blame nurse or a doctor for anything that goes wrong if that person was there for me 100 % and took time and all resources, and to the contrary - I still have hard feelings toward CRS who did my first LIS although his only mistake was that he cut me too little - I still feel emotionally raped by his comments and complete disregard to my pain and concerns post op. I know that your biggest fear is to make an obvious mistake - like giving 200 cc of med instead of 20 and put person in shock and such, I completely can understand your anxiety Image - I would be the same way -but chances of that are one in a million and you will be helping thousands and thousands of patients in so many ways before the chance of that ever happening. But, if it still makes you uneasy- than you can choose medical field where mistakes are very unlikely to be caused by you or have any lasting or fatal consequences - like being a nurse in a surgery ward (one that prepares instruments , hands them to the surgeon and than collects them back), or you can work in rehabilitation centers and help patients regain mobility , or work in obstetrics ward and take care of newborns ( I am sure you will not drop a baby on the head lol xoxo ) .
All in all, dear buddy, you chose the great profession - you will do what you enjoy doing and you will do it well Image . Also, you will never be out of job and you can also one day open your own clinic for extended care or nursing home and doctors can not do that - he he heeee Image Image
Image Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 09 May 2009, 05:22

Good comments, Fiss. I agree, Jen, you will make a GREAT nurse. Maybe having a fissure is/was a good thing for some of us as it really taught us about suffering and how we might alleviate it for others. I think that is one reason I am so excited about getting involved with the ARC. Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jen » 09 May 2009, 22:44

Thanks Cheryl & Fissy!!!! I love all you guys! Image
Yes - Your right - I am not scared of negligence because I would never do that. I am afraid of making a med error - I am only human and we all make errors. I hope this feeling will get better with time - it causes me such anxiety just thinking about making a mistake!
You guys are so wonderful - your like my little nursing school cheerleaders! Image
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby cherylk » 10 May 2009, 05:19

Well, Jen, we have selfish interests in your chosen occupation as you will be the new med expert here after you are finally done. Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements