Cheese & calcium

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Cheese & calcium

Postby Guest » 18 Oct 2008, 09:44

I threw up in a flower pot in front of a sidewalk cafe in Nice. Just thought you might want to know! Well, actually it turned out to be 2 or 3 all the way back to my hotel.

Postby happyass » 18 Oct 2008, 10:57

do tell more...what happened?
i know i was in a very bad mood when we (me and the other half) left the eiffel tower because i always had that romantic moment idea that whenever i would get to the top of the eiffel tower, there would be a kiss of love, a meeting of the minds, a connection of the soul and mind, a new beginning, an understanding of mutual commitment.....
all i got was to crap up in the eiffel tower and not even a moment of hand holding or long, impressionistic, insatiable, ideal kiss......
the rest of the day was quite a let down......
i can't wait to hear about your pot destruction.......
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 18 Oct 2008, 12:46

Well, I guess I had eaten something that didn't agree with me at a local pizzeria and on the way back to the hotel (I was with my sister so no romance) I got nauseous and hurled in front of people eating outside at this cafe into the flowerpot outside. No one asked if I was okay (maybe they thought I was drunk? Stupid American) and then my sister left me because she was so embarrassed. Everytime I got to another flowerbed area I started to vomit again, always in front of a cafe. Then finally I got it all out by the third round of the horrified French diners.
I've been to the Eiffel tower but it was with a church group so no romance there either. But I bet there aren't too many people who can say they have taken a dump at the top there. Just think how many floors it had to travel down! Amazing-that almost makes up for a kiss.

Postby Corsi » 18 Oct 2008, 13:02

More more more!! You Image really know how to rub my ego. Whenever I doubt myself I will post here Image
The camera is just an ordinary digital camera Lecia, nothing expensive. Vomiting in Nice? Poor you :( and in front of the "fine" french ladies...
Fissy, what I am doing here ? I have a fissure!!! How did I avoid getting any tourists in the picture? I shot them... No, I didn't!!! Have never touched a weapon.
You will always remember that BM Happyass!
No romance for me in the Eiffel Tower either :) for different reasons... Have to leave, my family is forcing me to see a film...
Poor me :)
I'll be back Image
Not Bloody Mary today
Last edited by Anonymous on 18 Oct 2008, 13:41, edited 1 time in total.
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Oct 2008, 13:07

Lecia and Happy - Oh my gosh Image Image - I can't stop laughing even though my belly hurts - this is movie worthy Image Image
Corsi - you can join more than one forum ha ha ha, we do not have exclusive right on people Image
Happy movie watching !!! Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby SunshineHope » 19 Oct 2008, 16:33

Sorry to break the lovely story-telling... hahaha.. But what other foods are high in calcium? I LOVE cheese I miss it ! hmmmmm
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Fissulyna » 19 Oct 2008, 23:06

Sunshine - google it LOL - you will get a very long list of all other sources of Ca. Or go to
the first 2 pages of this thread :D for just some of them ...
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby SunshineHope » 20 Oct 2008, 00:01

Of course I'll google it :) but googleing doesn't compare to hearing from real people re: what actually works for them, hehe. I can't really eat yoghurt without getting plugged up and all I keep hearing is "eat green leafy vegetables" for calcium. So I'm looking for more ideas :sprinkleheart:
Anyways, back to the stories.. :)
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Fissulyna » 20 Oct 2008, 11:45

Did you try adding some fiber into the yoghurt ? Image Like mixing in some Benefiger or real fruit or dried figs like BG ? I also find that if I mix so called "constipating" things with veggies and fruit that they do not constipate at all. I do not constipate easily , though, but BG does , and yogurt trick worked great for her .
Did you try Goat milk ? It is so much more easily digestible than regular. It smells like goat though LOL, but I do not mind since I love goat cheese too ! Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 20 Oct 2008, 12:03

Sunshine Image
There are listings of calcium rich, calcium-containing, and calcium-fortified foods in the references section....Thanks Kim !