chronic fissure

HELP!! CO2 LASER SURGERY

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

chronic fissure

Postby shelkr1 » 24 Apr 2017, 10:09

Good morning everyone! just new on here just trying to get some help on this issue that i've been dealing with for about 4 years now (i knw, how can i live with this for that long? well i have and im miserable)anyway i,ve doing a lot of research and all leads to have suregry (lis) wich im so afraid to get it done because of all the secondary results from it.
while on my research i came across CO2 LASER SURGERY FOR ANNAL FISURE and it looks like a better option, my question is !!! does any body know or have information about this kind or procedure and also who does this in the US?
shelkr1

Topics: 1

Re: chronic fissure

Postby missy moo » 20 May 2017, 17:39

Hi I've had my fissure for 3.5 years an suffered with it while both my kids where new borns my oldest is nearly 4 an my baby is 5 weeks old I know the struggle. From what I've read since we have had these for so long lis is best if you get the fissure burnt closed sorry can't remember what it's called or if you have the advancement flap the muscle is still to tight it's been working out for years like all muscles when it's worked it get tighter an stronger an bigger I think they keep coming back because a tight muscle can cause it not to heal but also can randomly create the fissure again I think recurring fissures need lis its the main approach to cronic fissures an heaps of people on here seem to be really happy with the results.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Re: chronic fissure

Postby rpp » 22 Nov 2021, 14:57

Hi shelkr1,
I was wondering the same thing. I am interested in trying the CO2 Laser treatment but I couldn't find any info on doctors performing it in North America. I am in Canada. There are clinics in Germany, Greece, Iran and India that perform this surgery.
I had LIS 11 years ago and healed my fissure but then last year a very hard bm reopened the old scar and I am not able to heal it again on my own. If you have high muscle resting pressure LIS is the best solution.
rpp