Chronic Fissure

Fissure and Hem for over 10 years

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Chronic Fissure

Postby Goldengirl » 28 Mar 2019, 16:23

Hi everyone,

Please help! I’m a registered nurse but feel lost here. Since having my daughter almost 16 years ago, I have suffered from reoccurring fissures and hemorrhoids. My doc examined me prob 10 years ago and diagnosed me with both. No colonoscopy or anything else. Lately I have been having tons of blood during almost every bowel movement, and the tearing pain. I have examined myself (geez that’s not easy) and it looks like I probably have two skin tags, one at 12 and 6. I’m also suffering from a lot of nausea anytime I have to have a bowel movement and then afterwards for a few hours - has anyone experienced nausea???

Can someone give me some advice - does this sound more ominous given how long it has been reoccuring. I’ve used prescription Anusol which usually heals it for a few months then it’s back and then the vicious cycle starts over.

Thank you so much! :thanx:
Goldengirl

Topics: 1

Re: Chronic Fissure

Postby dmcff » 29 Mar 2019, 02:18

Sorry to hear that you are going through this. I don't know what country you are in, but it sounds like you need to see your GP or other health professional right away. Let us know how you get on.
2014 Anal fissure
2015 CAT, EUA, sigmoidoscopy, 2 MRI
2016 Pain severe then moderate to low
2017 Moderate pain
2018 Physical therapy, pain management
2019-20 Living with it
2021 Still AF
2022 Therapy, meditation
2023 Onward, up
2024 CT scan
dmcff

Topics: 52

Postby ttt2018 » 30 Mar 2019, 08:36

As I have already posted on here, I highly recommend trying metronidazole suppositories (Flagyl), 1 a night for 10 days. This is a novel treatment that has been extraordinarily effective in terms of pain relief for me (but did not cure chronic fissure). The drug is an antibiotic but works on the fissure via its anti-inflammatory properties.

And yes, when I was at the worst of the pain, it was nausea inducing. Debilitating for several hours after going to the bathroom. This seems to be common.
ttt2018
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby proctorabbit » 31 Mar 2019, 19:57

Good to hear you are getting results from Anusol.

Just need to find out why it keeps coming back, whether there is a trigger or somthing. Stress, constipation, a particular food, etc.

Defintely get in to see your GP again. But the good news is that it sounds like it is definitely limited to the rectum and not a problem further up (eg an ulcer), which can often be the case when you have large amounts of blood.
proctorabbit
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1