Chronic fissures

Pain in the bum

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Chronic fissures

Postby Sally123 » 05 Oct 2016, 00:49

Hi I'm new here, suffered with anal fissures for 20 years on and off, recently got much worse possibly due to stress. Tried all creams etc and just had Botox , felt great for 3 days following Botox then in agony again, nobody seems to know if this is normal or not ?? I thought it was meant to stop spasms straight away but it hasnt☹️
I want to go for lis as I've heard this is more effective but worried about the pain afterwards and how long is need off work , anybody else had Botox or other surgery and did it work ??
Sally123

Topics: 1

Re: Chronic fissures

Postby Mypoorbutt » 05 Oct 2016, 07:30

Hi Sally, sorry to hear your suffering
I had Botox a few months ago now. I felt some relief from the spasms pretty much straight away but the pain burning aching stinging stayed for about another 2 weeks after the operation. Once it got to the 3/4 week mark I felt significantly better and that did continue to the point where I was often only in mild discomfort for about 20 mins after a BM,
Don't give up hope for the Botox as it can take anything up to 4 weeks to properly kick in. There is my Botox diary and HTDs Botox diary that we both put down our experiences. HTD has managed to heal 90% from her Botox...mine was never to heal completely but to make my fissure heal enough to have LIS
Really hope you find what works for you as this pain is horrible to live with
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20