Could I be irritating my hemmies by inserting....

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Could I be irritating my hemmies by inserting....

Postby Guest » 04 Oct 2007, 16:25

the nitroglycerin (for fissure) with a syringe? My gastro did not tell me to insert the nitro, but from everything I can research, that is the most effective at healing. I have been inserting this for 5 weeks now and had no problems until this week. I actually thought my fissure was healing nicely, but I have been experiencing the burning and itching again this week.
What's a girl to do?
Thanks,
Jennie

Re: Could I be irritating my hemmies by inserting....

Postby Guest » 04 Oct 2007, 17:06

I would apply it as it was prescribed. When I used nitro inside my bottom it stung so bad-I think it gets absorbed more internally which you would think would be good but I think it can be irritating too!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Oct 2007, 19:10

I agree with Lecia. Nitro is a very strong medication, and very potent in its effect on the vascular system. I would only use as directed!
Deleted User 5

Postby dano » 04 Oct 2007, 20:38

i was never offered a syringe....he told me to "cake" in there as far as you can,so i did.i didnt have any problems either by doing so,i used the pinky and a glob of nitro cream. jennie..what % of nitro cream did they prescribe you??
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Guest » 05 Oct 2007, 06:00

dano wrote:i was never offered a syringe....he told me to "cake" in there as far as you can,so i did.i didnt have any problems either by doing so,i used the pinky and a glob of nitro cream. jennie..what % of nitro cream did they prescribe you??

Actually, the syringe is quite a bit smaller than my pinky, so I guess all is good with that.
The nitro cream is 0.2%. It gives me a little bit of a headache, but not bad at all. I am using it 4 times a day.
Jennie

Postby happyass » 05 Oct 2007, 17:56

jennie, aside from the nitro, how did your colonoscopy go? did you get any other procedures at that time?
lecia, i LOVE those boots!!!!! okay, you need to put all these pics of yours and send them to ELLE or Mademoiselle so you can be on their cover :-) watch out VOGUE!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 05 Oct 2007, 19:00

Aww, you are too kind! I would only post my picture among friends like you-less harsh criticism that way! :D

Postby Guest » 07 Oct 2007, 13:52

I was directed to use a pea size amt on a gloved finger. Its now been 2 weeks and the spasms after bm's have greatly decreased. I think i aggravated the fissure when trying to use a suppository for inflammation and it started bleeding again.

Postby buttgirl » 08 Oct 2007, 11:14

I insert the nitro. The stinging is the blood vessels dialating and is normal. It should stop witin about 5 mins. You may also get a headache, which should subside in 1/2 hour.

I do prefer nifedipine--same effect no stinging, no headache.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 10 Oct 2007, 03:57

[quote="happyass"]jennie, aside from the nitro, how did your colonoscopy go? did you get any other procedures at that time?
The colonoscopy went well...thanks for asking. I had no other procedures done.
A CRS diagnosed my fissure, but the gastro who performed the colonoscopy could not see the fissure but thought it could be hid under a hemmie. The colonoscopy showed significant hemmies. which seem to be really irritated lately.
Thanks,
Jennie