D-day 9th Feb 2013

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: D-day 9th Feb 2013

Postby fedupandsore » 13 Feb 2013, 08:59

Great idea! Thanks mamalucia :)
JessJess - I'm a bit concerned, I see lots of people saying they're using gauze etc and have dressings... I have nothing!
All I am doing is wearing a large sanitary towel in my underwear and changing this throughout the day! And wiping regularly with wet wipes and dab drying with toilet roll in between sitz baths. I'm worried I've missed something, maybe I should be using gauze etc?
I don't want to get infected :-/ xxx
fedupandsore
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Jessjess » 13 Feb 2013, 09:27

Yes. You should get some 3x3 gauze and tuck it in between your cheeks. It is softer than a paper towel and probably more comfortable. I have started on my 4th box of 25. I tend to use around 5-10 a day. Sometimes it falls into the toilet when I pee and I have to fish it out as they will stop up the toilet.
Don't worry. I'm sure you're fine as long as the surgical area stays dry except when your in the bathtub of course. But yes go and get some gauze or have someone bring a couple of boxes to you.
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby fedupandsore » 13 Feb 2013, 10:59

Oh ok I've not been putting anything between my cheeks. I've just been popping to the toilet for a wipe very regularly. X
fedupandsore
Fibre Addict

Postby fedupandsore » 15 May 2013, 02:11

Just a little update! I have been fab since my surgery in February, so happy to have my life back again :) I forgot what it was like to be 'normal' lol
Although..... :( the last few weeks haven't been perfect. I have been experiencing blood and discharge! I have also been experiencing discomfort :( I'm thinking I may have another fistula!!!! I'm due for my final check up on 29th May with a camera etc to check all has healed, but I'm thinking of moving it sooner.
Not in any great pain, touch wood! But discomfort. Like a pushing spasm after having a BM. I generally have to return to the toilet within 30 mins of a bowel movement to go again, like I didn't finish properly the first time. I then have to return again within another 30 mins to have another wipe and clean.
anyone else have / had this? Xxx
fedupandsore
Fibre Addict