dano....are you okay?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: dano....are you okay?

Postby Guest » 08 Dec 2007, 13:50

That is amazing that you aren't in terrible pain from all the aftermath-that is great!

Are you going to take next week off from work? Does the friction from moving around hurt?

That is great that you haven't had any poop problems and haven't had to take too much for pain relief.

Hang in there, buddy!

Postby dano » 08 Dec 2007, 16:33

i took off last week which was tue.wed thurs friday+ the weekend.i could have gone thursday if i wanted,but i didnt..moving around does iritate it a little,but like i say not near what i expected.its starting to feel like it may be healing a little,its kinda like a dull pain,almost like a bruise,like when you cut yourself with a knife,you get that dull aching as it heals sometimes,and a little itchyness,i have to keep it covered too,i just put tha 4"x4" gauze pack tween my butt cheeks and it stays there,pooping doesnt seem to ba an issue,hopefully it stays that way!
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Guest » 08 Dec 2007, 18:25

I hope you get well soon!! im thinking of you!

Postby Fissulyna » 08 Dec 2007, 19:41

Oh, you are doing great Danno Boy : ))) !!!! Yeaaaaaay !!!! No pain pooping and your wound is already calming down - itching is definitely sign it is closing - same as little crusts itch when knee is healing after a fall ; ). You went through a lot, buddy - but I am sure this was IT !!!! The last thing you had to endure !!! Hope you will stay around and make us laugh with your stories !
All the best :elmo:
Last edited by Anonymous on 08 Dec 2007, 20:37, edited 1 time in total.
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby juney » 08 Dec 2007, 20:15

wow dano, you are so brave! it sounds horrible from what you've told us. i can't believe you're not in more pain. i'm glad you're not having to take too many percocets, they totally constipated me after my surgery! i also can't believe you only took a few days off work. i took 2 weeks after each of my LIS surgeries. don't rush back too soon, make sure you give your body time to really start healing itself.
congrats on beginning the road to healing, hopefully 2008 is a great butt year for you!
:##+: hehe
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby dano » 09 Dec 2007, 00:02

im probably gonna go to work mon and tue,then see how i am,we arent real busy so im not gonna be real productive anyway..if im sore or need a break,i'll take off wed and thursday,i go back to the doc thursday anyway,so i'll milk that out! its just me and another guy at work,thats works out good that were not real busy,wouldnt really matter to me anyway,you gotta do whatcha gotta do! JUNEY,i dont know if the percocet did anything for me or not,i didnt take it long,but like i said eariler,the nurse told me they do cause constpitation in alot of people,i figured if i didnt really need them i wont use them,that would be one less thing to worry about...i'd love to see what other peoples rear looks like after this,maybe im over reacting to the gaping carnage down there,but i guess if there was a abcess you have to get it all....i havent looked lately to see whats happenin down there...Hi Noelle!!
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby buttgirl » 10 Dec 2007, 14:01

good to hear you are not having fissure pains. my cut ran the length of my anal canal down to the muscles and it was primarily inside. I could only see a bit on the outside where the dr cut half way through the skin tag.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby dano » 10 Dec 2007, 22:08

did he cut or nick any of the muscles? or did he steer clear of them,i was worried that mine were cut when i saw the incision...i ahvent had no fissure pain,though im no where near healed,i worked today but didnt do alot..mainly easy stuff...
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby buttgirl » 11 Dec 2007, 11:06

He might have nicked one of the muscles. I really can't say as I didn't see it. There was no major cutting though. I'm still the same tight ass I always was.
It's good that you are not in pain. knock on wood that that trend will continue.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby val » 12 Dec 2007, 03:55

Hi Dano,
How are you doing? I hope you're still relatively pain-free. I thought you'd had a fissure operation, but it was for a fistula wasn't it?
How long did you have a fistula for, did yours make tracks, ect? I just needed some information about it all because I've got a fistula now and have to have the operation done in the next few weeks.
You seem really laid back and chilled about it all, was it not that bad, or are you always like that!!!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86