dano....are you okay?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

dano....are you okay?

Postby happyass » 05 Dec 2007, 21:11

i think dano was to have a fistulotomy on 12/4. i hope you are doing okay if you got it done.
thinking of you. :$@@:
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Re: dano....are you okay?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 06 Dec 2007, 07:19

Yeah, Danny, what's the word? Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 06 Dec 2007, 10:49

That's right, crazy Mariachi guy, get your bootie on the board and tell us how you are!!!!

Postby Fissulyna » 06 Dec 2007, 16:43

Dano Boy - did you go fishing without me again c_c_c_c ???? We hope you are recovering fast and are not mixing that Tequila with Vicodine ; ))) ! Write soon !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby dano » 07 Dec 2007, 11:34

wow....that sucked...havent been to the computer till now... i feel fine ,10 minutes afetr i woke up i felt good.tired a little,but surprisisngly not much pain.i has a fistulectomy,not a fistulomy......doctor was very informative on what he was goona try and do,but till he got down there he wasnt sure.says he opened it up and it was abcessed so he dug it all out and i guesss opened the channel up so it can heal from the inside out,guess that why they dont stitch it up..SO i was able to look at it with my mirror and light,i almost crapped my pants when i saw the carnage back there,i looks as if he put a stick of t.n.t. in my rear and set it off.its this gaping hole and tract that goes way down into my butt! i think he messed up..i mean i looks as if my butt has a huge tear in the side of it.i called and asked what the hell happened,he sais it wa pretty basic and should heal up fine the incision will fuse together and you rear will be good,it sure doesnt look that way.no plug, that he said anyway.and most of the damage was from the abcess itself.he says the internal spinchter mucle is fine and the fistula wasnt reall ner that anyway,but it looks as if the external mucle is shredded,but im not really sure what im looking at. i didnt poop until last night,got to say it went good,really no pain at all,i figured it would hurt down there since it was operated on....i hope this mess heals up!!
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Guest » 07 Dec 2007, 12:14

Wow-what an ordeal. You had to go and look, didn't you? That sounds like it has to hurt. How are you managing the pain?

I am glad you went to the bathroom okay. That must be a relief to know it all works and doesn't hurt as bad as you were probably imagining. Are you taking any stool softeners? How long will you be down for?

I don't think any of us will be @ss models after all this.

I am glad you made it through. Let us know how you're recovery is going.

Rest easy!

Postby val » 07 Dec 2007, 12:42

Oh my God, that sounds absolutely awful! You're very brave(or daft!) to have looked at it! Glad its not too painful though,
Get well soon!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby buttgirl » 07 Dec 2007, 12:52

Hi Dano,
All my abscess stuff was inside, which was horrible. At least I couldn't see it though. Turding hurt like crazy.
I guess one way to tell if your external sphincter was involved would be to clench.
Glad to hear you're OK and that pooing is OK. Keep us updated.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby happyass » 07 Dec 2007, 21:12

Dano,
I am so happy to hear from you. I think we all are.
Even though things look a bit scary back there it sounds about right.
It will only be time and patience for things to run its course and heal.
I am amazed that you took it well - the surgery and your first BM!!!
Congrats!!!!
It sounds like all will be 'behind' you now - pun intended!
What a great way to finish this now and start 2008 with a happy ass of your own!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby dano » 08 Dec 2007, 00:18

thanks all of you for the continued support!!
the pain s hardly present at all..they gave me percocet[?] and told me to take 2 a day as needed.she says they tend to make some people tired and groggy,i took 1 the night after surgery just so i'd be sure and sleep,other than that i havent touched them.there is a little pain,nothing like the fissure pain though..

after looking at the mess in the mirror,i COULDNT BELIEVE i wasnt in more pain than that,thats a deep long gash that seems to dissapear into my innards!..why doesnt this hurt like a fissure,it looks to me like a giant fissure! maybe cause he didnt rupture teh area where fissures usually form?as i sit here reading the replys,im "clenching" my cheeks and something down there is moving,im not sure what it is,he said to me he didnt get near the sphincter muscles,i dont know.....ive had 3 doo doos and all have been fine,little if any pain,only pain is the actual stretching of my wound when i sit,so im approaching that differently too for now..LECIA,im not on any stool softeners,though they did tell me to try and keep it soft for awhile just in case it would hurt when i go,alsothe percocet is known for giving you constipation so if i was on that for 2 weeks ...be sure and take colace? which is a softener...BUTTGIRL..did they tell you how deep/far they cut you? mines like a tad over 2 inches long and like 1/4 deep as far as i can tell,these are rough estimates as i cant get a ruler in there...HAPPYASS....am i correct in assuming[ha..ass...] that this giant gash/slice will mend together as one eventually forming a new reborn rear? what do you think happens if it fails to adhere to one another and forms like 2 seperate mounds of skin? i had iodione ribbon tape stuffed in there also that i had to remove after 48 hours,the skin had actually started adhereing to it already,that was real fun pulling that out with tweezers dipped in peroxide and alcohol..i couldnt get it with my fingers cause it was stuck to the inside of the incision...you know what the whole time from day one IT HARDLY BLED AT ALL!!..execpt the tweezer part,but still it wasnt much,a bandaid would have stopped it......i'll let you know how im doing later..thanks again for all the well wishing!
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13