Diet for an anal fissure

Meal plans

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Diet for an anal fissure

Postby Bellatrix21 » 22 May 2016, 23:50

I am aware that I need fibers and healthy food but I am having trouble sticking to it. Mostly because I am having trouble meal planning!
Does anyone care to share a food diary with me? A day of what you would eat in order to keep your stools soft!
Thanks in advance
Bellatrix21
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Diet for an anal fissure

Postby Manitourose » 24 May 2016, 18:26

Hmm good question bellatrix because everyone is different. I only wish a certain set of foods seemed to work consistently but they don't always. However, there are a few drinks if you are having trouble meal planning.
Before I was diagnosed with celiac disease I kept snack bars with high fiber around. I went for high fiber breads and pastas as well. Can't do that as easily anymore now. However I keep nuts around b/c they are a quick fix for fiber, frozen veggies that can be tossed into a dinner plan in a pinch when I realize I haven't had enough, smoothies when I was out and about helped as well. Sweet and regular potatoes are great to toss in the oven too.

Some tips too:
It is also extremely important to have enough water so the colon can do it's job with fiber.
Ease up slowly on fiber.
Metamucil and Citrucel are good quick fiber supplements as well but be sure to check ingredients and avoid aspartame as it can cause more digestive issues. Flaxseed can be tossed into many things and ups the fiber. My sister mixes it into her oatmeal.

Pinterest has some good ideas and a few meal diaries: https://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/? ... s&rs=typed

Once you get the hang of the meal planning more food becomes a lot of fun due to the creativity and branching out. :)
Manitourose

Topics: 14

Postby Bellatrix21 » 24 May 2016, 20:10

Thanks for the advice!! I'll definitely try your ideas, and I didn't even think of pinterest!
How much water would you recommend per day ? I typically drink 64 Oz but it doesn't seem to be enough.
Bellatrix21
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby lana » 09 Jun 2016, 23:23

Here's what a typical day looks like for me;

wake up: a litre of water
breakfast
one shot of espresso in venti size cup if I'm out and oatmeal with berries (I'm trying to quit coffee btw)
OR
if at home - 3 banana smoothie bowl with chia seeds, chopped dates, raisins and little bit of granola.
OR
almond/cashew milk with KIND cereal - add in fruits of your choice

lunch
2 to 3 bowls of rice with any type of lentils or chickpea/veggie curry (low sodium/low fat)
OR
2 bowls of corn pasta with homemade lowsodium/lowfat tomato sauce with lots of veggies.
OR
2 packs of (160 cals each pack) rice noodles with very little oil thrown in a wok with bunch of veggies (soy sauce, blackbean sauce, or hoisin sauce) lots of vegan sauce options available at wholefoods.

Dinner
Hommade thin crust pizza Margherita with tomato sauce, mushrooms, onions, pineapples and bellpepper.
OR
3 medium sized baked potato with salsa and black beans.
OR
veggie burger
OR
ramen/udon/rice noodle soup in vegetable lemongrass broth (you can buy the paste and stock mix at any grocery store) with mushrooms, carrots, cabbage and (tofu or fake meat if you must desire the textue)

I don't really snack but if i crave junk food i just eat rice chips, dates or popcorn.

Eliminating animal products will give you amazing results. Also, make sure to eat throughout the day and do not focus on calorie restricting. If you don't eat you won't poop. I generally eat 1800 to 2200 calories every day and I'm only 5 1' and weight 110 pounds. (I walk everywhere and my only workout is yoga which is just stretching really)

before finding a vegan lifestyle I had a host of health issues. I used to cry every night because I thought I was going to give birth to my colon. Now I sleep safe and sound and have an amazing regular poop every morning. The kind of poop that makes you wana give yourself a high five, ya know.

Hope this information helps.

:)
lana

Topics: 1