diltiazem?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

diltiazem?

Postby val » 29 Aug 2007, 04:01

my doctor told me that diltiazem could not be obtained in UK but has given me anoheal which says it is 2% diltiazem. Is this the same stuff? and will it be 6-8 weeks before I notice any healing even though I have been on a strict diet and taken all the supplements etc for nearly 5 weeks now?
I need someone to tell me it could end soon!!!
I was given valium which is pretty good but the pethidine didn't work at all, sometimes painkillers work and sometimes they don't work at all, is this usual?
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Re: diltiazem?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 29 Aug 2007, 04:54

If the anoheal is at all similar to the diltiazem, you should notice improvement in 1.5 to 2.5 weeks. I cannot speak as to whether it is the same as ditiazem, but if it is 2% diltiazem, then it must be...
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 29 Aug 2007, 06:53

I think that is the same thing, if I remember correctly. I am using that too to heal a recent fissure. It does work but it requires a good deal of patience and tenacity about putting it one 4 times a day. Which reminds me......gotta go get mine out now!

Postby val » 30 Aug 2007, 04:49

mine says to apply twice a day, should I use it 4 times anyway?and it stings like crazy doesn't it!
val
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 30 Aug 2007, 06:04

Mine says to apply 3-4 times a day so go for it!
She even said that some people just stay on it after the fissure heals. I might think about doing that myself for awhile.

Postby val » 31 Aug 2007, 04:04

oh God you poor thing getting another one!Is it the same one retorn?You must be feeling really down after taking so much time to heal before. Are you in as much pain this time?
I wish you well
val
King Fissure