do skin tags disappear?

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

do skin tags disappear?

Postby coconut » 02 Feb 2013, 15:28

I'd like some insight from people who have had their deep fissures heal.
When a fissure is healed, will a skin tag disappear on its own? Does a skin tag getting smaller indicate that a fissure is healing?
This is my first post. I've done a lot of reading here, but I haven't heard much on the subject of how people knew that things where healing up.
Thanks!
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Re: do skin tags disappear?

Postby hallmama » 04 Feb 2013, 14:14

Great question. I would also like to know the answer to this question. I don't want to live with my skin tags or AFs for that matter.
hallmama

Topics: 1

Postby CrayonOfDarkness » 04 Feb 2013, 14:52

I read somewhere else on this board that the skin tag will gradually shrink as the fissure heals.
CrayonOfDarkness
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby coconut » 04 Feb 2013, 17:13

I've just recovered from a bought of diarrhea, brought on by a migraine headache that was caused by Rectiv (grumble.)
I didn't have much pain while my stools weren't solid, and I was really hoping that the fissure managed to heal when I gave it a break. But today my stools are solid and the pain level is right back where it used to be. So depressing!
I was looking at the skin tag for any indication that the size had decreased and my fissure had healed. The size did go down, but the fissure is still there, I guess.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby aimonaali » 05 Feb 2013, 06:35

My CRS told me that my skintag would shrink once the fissure and incision wound from LIS settle down. The skintag is small and I haven't really had problems with it until yesterday... Now I'm not sure if the fissure has re-opened or if the skin tag is just somehow acting up.
aimonaali
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby marg6043 » 05 Feb 2013, 15:41

It depends on the size or the sentinel pile, if yours is small the doctor will not bother removing it with surgery, but if the pile is large they are usually removed while the fissure is been fixed.
Mine is so large that is not way it will ever shrink to a comfortable size, I remember when it used to get smaller to get swollen very painfully, now it just hang in there, like a stretched out piece of skin that a littler bit of manipulation will make it very uncomfortable.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Skin Tag - Anal fissure for 2 years

Postby mkotb » 05 Feb 2013, 16:36

I also have a skin tag...i went to gastro doc last month...he said its from a fissure...even though i eat a high fiber veggie diet with hell lots of fruit and water....sometimes it bleeds followed by pain that last several hours after a bowel movement and i get some tingling pain like sharp knife cutting just for a second several times a day..
My doc just told me to continue the fiber diet and live with it and it might heal in some years...I am using coconut oil and some Zinc oxide cream but once it bleeds and pain it takes some 7-10 days to heal and it flares again for no reason...I dont understand whats going on....although the reason to retear is the very first part of the stool will
becomes hard and when this happen, the anal region becomes tight, as if its streches but its like stool is coming but something is restricting it....and thats it i will either have blood or pain or both....what i dont understand is sometimes this happens even if i eat the same vegetables which has been helping me to heal...
Does anybody has similar problem like me? Can somebody help me how to proceed further to heal this?
I dont want to use stool softeners as my stool is always soft but just that the very first part becomes hard sometimes...what do i do about it? I am totally depressed and i am going through lot of agony. I have been married for 3 years and suffering from this for the past 2years...I am loosing all the blissful time in my life and i have been troubling my husband a lot with this mental state...mmmm....I think only people who have been going through this pain can only understand what I am talking about...
mkotb
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby coconut » 05 Feb 2013, 17:45

mkotb - I'm a vegan and I have this problem. (It started when I stopped-up my bowels by binging on cheese and sausage one week, but after that its been all wholsome veg food for me, too.) My stools are SOFT! So clearly, soft stools are not enough for everyone. I think that I've always had a tight sphincter.
About the marriage - look... I know that we have this perception that newly weds are supposed to live in this blissful state, but the reality is different. When you get married, you take on this huge task - you take on actually creating a family. And that is hard work. Its not all love and romance. Most new couples have hard times adjusting to being married and many, many of them face health or financial problems in the first years. My brother is two years in and facing the death of both of his inlaws. Its a big mess. But that doesn't mean that something is going wrong. To the contrary, something is going very right because he is present to his wife and her family while they go through this. Marriage is about facing these things together, as a unit, as a family. I come across so many young couples in my line of work, coming to me because one partner is sick and both people are coming to appointments because the healthy partner wants to be part of the sick partner's life. That's how marriages are cemented, not through vacations and romance. We have to learn to face things together. Just my two cents worth. Take it or leave it.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby OwwDAMN-IT! » 05 Feb 2013, 23:50

Hmm.... I THOUGHT I had a skin tag, or more of a sentinal pile. It was right at the top of my fissure, and it looked JUST LIKE a pimple/zit. It had a white head on it almost.
Is that a fistula or a skin tag? I never popped it myself, but I think it popped and drained on its own.
I don't even know if what I have is a tag or a fistula. This literally just started, and there's not even that much pain. I even went to work the past 2 days, sitting comfortably for hours.
What's going on?
OwwDAMN-IT!
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby coconut » 06 Feb 2013, 07:57

OwwDAMN-IT! wrote:Hmm.... I THOUGHT I had a skin tag, or more of a sentinal pile. It was right at the top of my fissure, and it looked JUST LIKE a pimple/zit. It had a white head on it almost.
What's going on?

That is not what my skin tag looks like. Its more like a little flap of skin grew there. No white. Definately not something you would try to pop.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist