Do you let your fissure take over your life?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Do you let your fissure take over your life?

Postby galamat » 18 May 2013, 14:17

Hi guys,
For me the most difficult is to travel, my husband loves to travel and since I have two kids I try to do my best to enjoy with them, its hard with my daily bathroom ceremony and the things I can't eat. But I enjoy a pain free day as if it would be the last day of my life.
I have to say this fissure has made me miserable but also has made me loose all the extra pounds I had, it forces me not to eat a lot of things and also force me to exercise, because is the only way I have found to completely empty my bowels. So yeah I can say the fissure has take over like 50% of my life. But in a positive way.
Today is my 21st day walking, this has helped me a lot with my daily BM.
Last edited by galamat on 21 May 2013, 12:14, edited 1 time in total.
galamat
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby Ceeteefeebs » 18 May 2013, 23:20

I don't know that anyone lets a fissure take over... With all the pain and fear, it's not really a choice- at least not in my experience. I've been suffering from a chronic fissure for a few months and am almost three weeks post-LIS. The fissure has ruled my life the past few months- what I can eat and do are all predicated on how I'm feeling. The good days are such a blessing. They make you appreciate being alive so much more. So, although no one in their right mind would want a fissure, I think the pain allows us to more fully appreciate the times when the pain isn't noticeable... Right guys? Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Ceeteefeebs
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Deleted User 2651 » 20 May 2013, 17:10

Hey Ya'll,
I totally agree. No one in their right mind would let this fissure take over our lives... but sometimes it does. Right now we thought we would be starting a family... but evidently my bum had a plan all it's own.
We decided to give the Rectiv another 4 weeks (per CRS instructions) then re-evaluate.
So yeah, it feels like it's ruining our plans and taking over my life at the moment. But one day at a time is all we can do. One day at a time. And sometimes one bathroom trip at a time.
Hang in there!
Deleted User 2651

Postby FissureHome » 11 Dec 2013, 13:56

Sadly i feel like it has taken over my life. I cant help it. Everything i do its constantly there..Walking, standing, sitting. Catteefeebs how are you feeling now after your surgery was it a success?
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby Deleted User 4018 » 11 Jan 2015, 15:16

Yep it has taken over my life! It was mid December (2014) and I was struggling to do my job through the pain. I told a colleague what it felt like and I realised I was quite mad to continue trying to work. In fact I would have been courting trouble by under performing on the job if I'd continued trying to work. I've been off sick (on pay thankfully) since then and now it's mid January (2015). Awaiting botox now.
Deleted User 4018

Postby Deleted User 4015 » 12 Jan 2015, 11:34

I know i dont have the amount of pain that many of you other have but it controls my life. I am very depressed and have alot of anger built into me. I just finished cemo cause i got cancer this autum, late summer. I got the AF after the cancer, it my sound strange but now i think the fissure pain is worse then the cancer and cemo is/was. So UC, cancer and AF, is not life great?
Deleted User 4015

Postby Cheryl888 » 15 Jan 2015, 09:49

I do feel like it has taken over my life. I developed my first fissure right around Thanksgiving. I have not been back to work since then. Thankfully I have a laptop and have been able to work from home or else I don't know what I'd be doing. At this point the pain is not as bad as it was, but the fissure has not healed at all and I am still suffering. My CRS thinks Botox might be the next step for me. I am not a good candidate for surgery after having 4 children plus I have frequent diarrhea. It seems most people that get fissures have issues with constipation...I'm on the other end of that spectrum.

Hurtlikehell - it's funny you mention that. Last year I was diagnosed and treated for thyroid cancer - my husband commented that the fissure seems to have brought me more physical pain and hardship than the surgery and treatment I underwent for cancer!
Cheryl888
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Whatapaininthearse! » 28 Jan 2015, 11:49

Hi guys, for me the fissure is taking over my life in most ways! I am desperate to get relief from this god awful thing!!!

I first had a fissure 6 years ago which eventually healed after using Diltiazem.

Now it is back, I have been suffering for 9 months now, I've tried everything my GP can prescribe and the Diltiazem hasn't worked this time. I had Botox on the 2nd Jan this year and am still in a lot of pain. I have another appointment with a CRS on 3rd Feb. I can't cope with this pain anymore, it can't be normal!

I have been tempted to go to A&E on a few occasions but I doubt there's anything they can do there?

I am just about managing to work, I am a postwoman and at the moment there is no I can do delivery. I am on reduced indoor hours but my boss is keen to know when this problem will be resolved....well so am I! I can't give him a answer, all I can do is keep him informed about appointments/procedures. I am in fear of loosing my job.

I can't go out/leave the house after a BM, this has put a stop to any social life. My partner is very understanding but I feel guilty for not being able to do things/go places with her.

I don't want this to take over my life but it is and I feel I am becoming depressed with it!

All I can do is hope this will get sorted one day :-(

I hope relief comes for u all of u aswell x
Whatapaininthearse!
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby Deleted User 4015 » 28 Jan 2015, 12:12

The CRS did say if i would have a colostomy it was my choise and they could not say no. And they did agree that it was the best way to go.
Deleted User 4015

Postby jay2502 » 04 Feb 2015, 07:10

It makes me miserable sometimes.
I say sometimes because some days I barely notice an issue down there (apart from the fact its always red) but other times its really sore and there's different tears in different places . but I have had it years now so just part of life for me :(
jay2502
Salt Bather

Topics: 20