Doctors?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Doctors?

Postby val » 23 Dec 2007, 12:18

God, that's terrible. You should definately file a complaint and get to see another doctor. In the meantime, just self-help the fissure by looking around the board and getting hints and tips, everyone's brilliant!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 23 Dec 2007, 16:06

I am scared that if I file a complaint no CRS or new GP will want to see me. Otherwise I would have done so immediatly. My husband is so mad at me that I havent. But everyone else I have talked to about this say "dont say anything" and that I will be blacklisted from all doctors in the area. There is only two CRS in the city that I live in. We have a major doctor shortage due to doctors going to the US to work. I was on a waiting list for 2 years just to get this GP to accept me as a patient. Most doctors that are taking new patients (which is VERY rare) will only take you on if you dont have any medical conditions!!! My husband finally got a new GP after his retired and he had to sign a form saying he was not ill and was not on any medications before they would take him!! I didnt even know that was allowed! But more and more doctors are doing this. I have no idea why. As for the movie Sicko I havent seen it but I dont see how the Canadian health care system can be commended in any way. My mother waiting in an ER for 7 hours
with complications from a kidney operation before she was seen by a doctor. I honestly feel like im living in a third world country medically. I just hope that I can heal on my own. I am trying to track down my childhood doctor who before he moved away said I could call him if i ever needed anything. I know he would call in a prescription for me.

Postby val » 23 Dec 2007, 17:17

Rose, I get two prescriptions of diltiazem every month so that I've always got some there because they have to pre-order it. I can get some at any time so I could send you some if you can't get it anywhere.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 23 Dec 2007, 18:50

That is just AWFUL !!!!!! And we thought that USA and UK doctors suck #%%^$%#!!!!! This is like "X-files" or something - "no GP will take you if you have pre existing condition ????? Than why the heck you need a doctor for ?????
JUST UNBELIEVABLE !!!! That is worst than third world country - maybe they don't have high tech machines and expensive meds - but I am positively absolutely sure that anybody that is sick is taken care off in the best possible way they can offer. If that means that nurse would hold your hand helplessly and just listen and understand and give you a hug - than even that is waaaaaay better than what they did to you. I ma sure shamans would do much better job than most doctors !!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby bherna1 » 23 Dec 2007, 23:23

My gastro GI doesnt do penetrating exams for these reason only. He says if he sees alot of inflamation or irratation he will not stick anything in the canal to inspect. He said he would prescribe anitbotics and creams for several weeks and schedule a follow up and then check to see if he can do a canal inspection. He said he is so cautious about going in too early...causes too much damage. I was scheduled last month for a scope in the lower GI and he is holding off due to the inflammation. He doesnt want to go in and cause more damage. He has been a real good doctor but he is not a surgeron. I dont like my surgeron. He sold me on the surgery...no botex..no other options just his surgery option which he had a pretty full color diagram of the procedure. Much like you would sell a used car to a sucker. I asked him about alternative treatments like botex and he just glarred at me. I havent been back to the surgeron...only my GI doc. My GI doc is down to my level and knows the pain and situation i am in. I just have to find a good surgeron to give me options.
Just my 2 cents
Bernard
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Fissulyna » 24 Dec 2007, 00:31

I am so happy for you Bernard : ). Yes, good doctors do exist - it is just hard to find them. I guess it is like that with any other profession, just that our health and lives depend of THIS one ; ). I was looking for good CRS for a long time and was lucky to find 2. One was more versed in new alternative treatments, and other in traditional surgery one. I tried alternative venue and it was working for a while, but at the end I had to have surgery - so if your CRS that performs surgeries is a very good at that - I would keep in touch with him by all means. You never know ; ).....
PS: If you are anywhere near SF - I can give you name of great CRS who does Botox and whole other caboodle of creams and such. Just great person , gentle and open for suggestions, always ready to listen. She cured me of my first fissure , but I developed second one soon after and decided to go with "golden standard" treatment for AF - LIS. For that I went to other CRS- one that prefers that and did them for over 30 years. One always has to have other options open , just in case ; ).
My 3 cents ; )))
All the best !!!!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 24 Dec 2007, 16:12

Fissulyna - How did the surgery go? I am so terrified of getting any kind of surgery after waking up during a jaw operation but thats a whole different story!!
Good doctors do exist. I had an amazing doctor for a couple of years but she moved to South Africa in 2000. I miss her dearly.
I have left a message with my childhood doctor and hopefully he will call in a prescription for me. He is about 6 hours away but will hopefully help.

Postby Fissulyna » 24 Dec 2007, 16:34

Hi Rose,
It is still early to judge complete success of it but so far looks good( knock the wood). There is some small swelling down there in one of my skin tags and some burning sensation and skin irritation, but nothing major. There was no incontinence, not even transient one, first BM was somewhat uncomfortable, but NOTHING to compare with fissure pain !!!! Fissure pain was gone immediately as well as spasms - I wish I had LIS much sooner.
Just find VERY good CRS - and you will be fine : ))) !
All the best and Happy Holidays
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 25 Dec 2007, 06:33

Rose,
I live in New York State near Rochester. They have a good CRS group there but google Detroit and see what comes up. That is how I found my CRS. Sue that other doctor she is an idiot and should not be practicing medicine. I am so sorry for you pain.
Patty

Postby Guest » 26 Dec 2007, 14:10

Rose wrote:I can be in the US in 15 minutes. I live close to Detroit. I doubt OHIP would cover the visit tho. I will have to look into it.
Im so mad at my doctor. She has been nothing but rude, unhelpful and worst of all she was the one that caused this. Im starting to think that she is worried I am going to contact a lawyer and is making me wait to see a CRS hoping I will be better by then. I may just be suspicious but she was the one that made the CRS appointment not me.

Rose,
I am a physician who has also suffered from recurrentr fissures. I am in the detroit area. I have pm'd you the name of the CRS that I have seen. he has a great reputation and works out of William Beaumont Grosse Pointe (formerly Bon Secours). Good luck!