Doctors?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Doctors?

Postby Guest » 22 Dec 2007, 12:12

Ok. I am frustrated. I have been reading posts from everyone about there doctors visits and I am getting really upset. I have had a bad fissure since the summer. I have seen my doctor (who was useless) and I had to beg to be referred to a CRS. That was in September. My CRS appointment has been scheduled FOR MAY 1st!!!!!!!!!!
I called my doctors office 3 times and left my her amessages to call me and that I cant wait that long! I never heard back from her. I have started a new job and cant keep taking time off work to see doctors. I never would have had this problem if it wasnt for my doctors rough anal exam during a check up. She torn me up.
Is there anyone here from Canada that is having these kind of doctors waits?
Can anyone recommend a CRS in Ontario for me to call? I am willing to travel just to get some help.

Re: Doctors?

Postby Guest » 22 Dec 2007, 12:23

Hi Rose,

I am so sorry you are going through this and it is just awful that you are facing such a long wait time. I wish there were a way you could cross the border and be seen in the US. That is ridiculous that you have to wait so long and for no fault of your own.

I know there are a few boardies close to Ontario. They may not post alot but you could look them up on the memberlist and send them a private message.

Postby val » 22 Dec 2007, 12:29

Isn't it just so awful, that the one thing most of us seem to have in common, apart from the fissure, of course, is bad doctors. We're all thousands of miles apart, from all different countries and we all have cr*p doctors. Whats going on, its crazy!
Making you wait five months is just awful. Can you just refer yourself somewhere or do you have to be refferred? Over here, we can ask our GP to refer us to anyone we want, well, if we pay a lot and go private anyway.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 22 Dec 2007, 12:30

I can be in the US in 15 minutes. I live close to Detroit. I doubt OHIP would cover the visit tho. I will have to look into it.
Im so mad at my doctor. She has been nothing but rude, unhelpful and worst of all she was the one that caused this. Im starting to think that she is worried I am going to contact a lawyer and is making me wait to see a CRS hoping I will be better by then. I may just be suspicious but she was the one that made the CRS appointment not me.

Postby Guest » 22 Dec 2007, 17:19

wow that is terrible...I just watched Sicko again and thought things were so great there! I was complaining about having to wait six weeks or so..I feel for you!

Postby happyass » 22 Dec 2007, 22:26

rose,
my other half is canadian and he says to consult a lawyer now. is there a particular reason why your doctor examed your anus which caused this fissure?
he said that you must go to the lawyer now, if you want to, because in your case this can be construed as malpractice since the dr. caused you more harm than good. and perhaps, with a lawyer's help, you can get that appt you need much quicker.
noelle, yeah, sicko the movie was very good but it doesn't quite explain situations like this. although i would agree, that as the USA, we must do more to have health insurance coverage for all.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 22 Dec 2007, 23:38

I just can't understand why someone wouldn't be more careful and gentle in dealing with this area to begin wtih. This is a very sensitive area. The last time I went I told him to be very careful since I was in pain..That is terrible this has happened!!

Postby Guest » 23 Dec 2007, 09:55

She did it as part of my check up.
i had mentioned that I had little drops
of blood on the to after a bm. No pain just a
little blood. After the pap test she said she
was going to check my bum and without
warning shoved her finger inside me.
I screamed and had tears running down
my eyes it was so painful. She said she didn't hurt me that I had a
fissure. On the way home I had blood
running down my leg. From that day on has been a nightmare
I have seen another gp and told her what
happened. She didn't want to discuss what happened and blew
me off. I was prescribed prep h and cortisone. Useless. I then went back to my gp and asked for nifedepine. She saidshe didn't know what that was and gave me nitro. I had a really bad reaction and have now been dealing with this on my own.

Postby Guest » 23 Dec 2007, 10:18

If she can prescribe diltiazem I know of a mail order company that compounds it. It is called Anoheal. I think that is the kind that Val uses.

I can't believe you had blood running down your leg from this. There must be a Canadian Medical Board that you can file a complaint with them or some kind of governing board.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 23 Dec 2007, 11:49

Really! I think you need to file a complaint. Sounds like this particular doctor is on a power trip..
Deleted User 5