Don't Ever Break your Routine !!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Don't Ever Break your Routine !!

Postby Guest » 25 Jun 2007, 14:47

Thanks for the info, Chris. That is good to know-I will get my protein in a different form for sure!
Life is full of ironies.
Last edited by Guest on 25 Jun 2007, 16:29, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 25 Jun 2007, 16:13

Sunshine, in my heart you were always a proctosphincteranalwatchamacallit!! :)
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 25 Jun 2007, 16:50

Lecia,
You seem to indicate that you may have slightly reinjured your AF. When it first healed, how did you know? Did your doctor tell you it was healed? If so, what did the doctor say as far as how you should proceed after that?
I ask, and this question is certainly open to the others who have had a healing experience, because at my last visit to the CRS the doctor told me there were two stages for healing. The first is when the AF actually closed and the second is when all the skin grows back over the AF, or "fills" in as he put it. He went on to say that after the second stage, a person would be back to 100% health in that area. The doctor said he usually sees that around the 12 week timeframe. He was talking about chronic AFs, which he feels only refers to time, not condition.
This is different from what I read on the internet. I read once it heals, it is only at 20% and takes up to two years to return to 80%. I believe this was from another person on the internet, and not some form of "official" source.
What has everyone else's doctors told them?

Postby Guest » 25 Jun 2007, 17:00

Chris,
I actually didn't know I was healed until I went in for a check-up and the doctor said "your fissure is healed". I was surprised as I was still in pain but it turned out the residual pain was from the skintag.
I had some bleeding the week before last when I started trying that whey protein and became constipated. It only took a few days to get over but I did use aloe vera again and think that it helped a lot.
My doctor did not refer to healng in stages though I think that makes a lot of sense. He did say it could be a full year before it is back to "normal" whatever that means. He told me to keep doing what I was doing with my diet and try aloe vera or vitamin E on the skin tag and that has really helped. Now I am trying to fend off my family from trying to force feed me! (I am visiting family at the moment)
Lecia

Postby buttgirl » 25 Jun 2007, 17:33

Don't let them give you anything bad!! I just say that I am having tummy troubles and can't digest certain foods very well. It's true enough.

I had to go away for a conference recently, a boy was it a battle 1) finding something I could eat and 2) explaining why I needed to eat fresh fish and veggies instead of burgers so that I could get reimbursed from my work.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 25 Jun 2007, 18:18

Sunshine, I'm very sorry to hear you had this setback. I know how depressing and frustrating it can be. Hang in there.
I had 5 good days in a row with no bleeding and very little pain, and I thought I had turned over a new leaf, and then today I bled again...and I only broke routine by eating oatmeal at a restaurant (which shouldn't have caused problems). Sucks. I agree, though, it seems like once you find something that works, you should stick to it...but being a slave to routine really sucks.... and I certainly can't live like this forever.
And while I'm complaining... I went to a new CRS, and he basically rushed me in and out, wrote me some prescriptions (including nifedipine), hardly even told me how to apply it.
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21

Postby Guest » 25 Jun 2007, 19:42

Sunshinehope,

I agree keep with the routime!!! I hope you feel better!! I will be thinking of you....

BBG
Patty

Postby Guest » 27 Jun 2007, 05:43

Lecia,
I'm glad you're ok. Thanks for the info!

Postby SunshineHope » 28 Jun 2007, 14:41

Thank you all for your love. I agree, I think we have to be very very strict about our diets. I used to just eat whatever was made or feel guilty if I was making food only for myself (and not for the family), but now I'm getting a bit more selfish & strict in my diet - which can only be good (for ME at least). Aah, I'll do whatever it takes to get over this!
I have a question for Lecia or anyone else who may know -- can your bum ever return 100% to normal, after naturally healing a fissure? Or does that only happen with surgery? I mean, if you heal your fissure naturally, is it likely you'll get another fissure in that area? Or will your bum be good as new?
Thanks! xo
sunshine
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Guest » 28 Jun 2007, 14:49

I can see how if your sphincter muscle is very tight that you could be predisposed to another fissure. But it could just be a once in a lifetime thing (let's hope!)
My doctor said that it could be a year before everything is "normal". I'll take close to normal then. I don't think you have to have surgery to make it back to normal, however.