Endometriosis and rectal pain

Found a good website that has some really handy information?  Post your links here...

Return to References, Websites, Facts...

Re: Endometriosis and rectal pain

Postby cherylk » 03 Dec 2008, 10:59

Jo,
I came very close to having a hyst, but didn't. The doc tried Evista instead and my fibroids shrank (after enlarging while on estrogen replacement). I think the fibroids pressed on my colon which started my const woes. Female probs can be so tiring. Do you have to take estrogen to keep your bones strong??? I take Fosamax but am not all that wild about it.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jo » 03 Dec 2008, 11:47

Yes, I have an estrogen patch called vivelle dot. I like it, I tried to go without for a month or two and it was not fun. I think it threw me into a depression. Image
I also have a testosterone cream. Image
I had a bone scan this summer/fall and it showed that the bones were good. Image
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby cherylk » 03 Dec 2008, 12:11

I think I would like estrogen, but I cannot really take it because of my fibroid tumors. I used to use a testosterone cream. Glad that your patch is working for you. The hot flashes from Evista were something else let me tell you!!! Not fun.
cherylk
VIP

Postby Guest » 03 Dec 2008, 13:06

Does the testosterone help with libido? Does it give you acne or facial hair or any other side effects?

Postby cherylk » 03 Dec 2008, 14:17

The testosterone didn't cause me acne, facial hair, or any other side effects. It is controversial, however, and that is why I stopped using it.
cherylk
VIP

Postby Deleted User 5 » 06 Dec 2008, 14:59

How do they test for endometriosis?
(I could google it but that would be too easy :) )
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 06 Dec 2008, 15:12

Usually by laparoscopically looking through an incision made near the navel unless procedures have changed since I had my laparoscopy.
cherylk
VIP

Postby Deleted User 5 » 06 Dec 2008, 15:17

Well, that doesn't sound too bad. I guess I would need to google it anyway to know what all is involved in having it.
Sure doesn't sound like much fun! :(
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 06 Dec 2008, 16:06

Well, I guess "bad" is all relative, Kim!! I forgot to mention when trying to diagnose endo, the doc sticks a tube inside the incision and blows up the abdomen with a gas (first) to inflate the whole area, so they can see around. And then I think the patient is rotated with the feet above the head, so the shoulders are sore afterwards also from the gas and the whole procedure. Even though I had only a small incision, I recall the incision area being quite sore and tender for awhile, and I walked bent over. Even many years past my laparoscopies I would still feel a twinge every now and then from the incision. Plus endometriosis pain can be excrutiatingly painful, and like AF, many people are not all that sympathetic to the condition if they have not experienced it. It often necessitates females lying down from the pain and taking meds.
cherylk
VIP

Postby Deleted User 5 » 06 Dec 2008, 16:18

That procedure sound like astronaut surgical training!
Yes, I can only imagine how painful it must be! Image
Deleted User 5