ETO: I need to ask you with regards to wound healing. Tks

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

ETO: I need to ask you with regards to wound healing. Tks

Postby rebornbutt » 19 Aug 2013, 11:20

Hi ETO,
I need to check with you on the wound healing part. As you know, I had my fistula surgery 5 weeks ago and the wound itself is almost filled up.
However, the healing wound which is nearer to the anus still look kind of white in colour. And there is still a very slight groove or indention on the white scar. The surface of the wound has already dried up. I am wondering as it continues healing, will the slight groove or rather indention on the white scar fill up again to a flat scar? I am worried that the wound healing stops here since it has dried up and I am left with a white scar and slight indention on the scar. The rear end of the scar away from the anus has already flatten out and became more like skin tone. Thanks.
rebornbutt
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Re: ETO: I need to ask you with regards to wound healing. Tks

Postby Ever the Optimist » 29 Aug 2013, 12:54

Hi Reborn,
Sorry - I missed your post. I was away on holiday......
It's hard to say and I don't know for sure what you might be left with after your surgery, but I would say, think of the area as you would with any other scar on your body.....scars can remain but fade over time......some disappear entirely, some areas leave traces of the trauma left behind. As long as it heals well and fully, I personally wouldn't worry too much if I was left with a scar in the area because at least it's not visible to every other human eye!...I think only time will truly tell and I would give yourself another few weeks just yet.....
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby rebornbutt » 01 Sep 2013, 02:13

Hi ETO,
Dun worry about it. Hope that you have enjoyed your holidays.
The wound is almost closed. But the part nearly to the anus opening with the creases still has the white scar tissue. Does the anus finally heal with the creases back around the anus opening in your case? Thanks.
rebornbutt
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Ever the Optimist » 01 Sep 2013, 05:28

Hi Reborn,
Yes, mine completely healed to the point I have no evidence now that I ever had the surgery or wound. My op was June 2012 (How time flies..........Gee!) so it's had a lot of time to recover since. Mine was pretty small and positioned to the bottom right hand side of the anal opening, so it wasn't major to begin with. Yours may be slightly differently located or larger, so you may/ may not be left with a small scar.....
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Postby Diamond » 03 Sep 2013, 14:18

ETO ... I have a question for you regarding scarring, etc - Have you been able to wax/shave in the area since it's been healed? I am guessing I will leave the whole area alone for at least 12 months.. perhaps just use a trimmer. I was wondering whether waxing in the area will be a possibility later down the road - and if you've had any experience? Sorry if this is way too personal :)
Diamond
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby Ever the Optimist » 04 Sep 2013, 10:12

No don't worry Diamond - nothing's too personal here!!
I have never really needed to wax or shave in that area because I don't have the need to - also being female helps I think here.
I continue to wax/ use creams on my bikini line as normal though. A trimmer sounds good as it'll cause less direct interference down there?? :) 
Ever the Optimist

Postby Diamond » 04 Sep 2013, 10:16

I sadly happen to be super hairy! LOL ... I assume if I see my esthetician for waxing I can ask her to avoid that area or use a trimmer and just wax the actual bikini area. I would typically let her just do it all. My issue is that my wound area is very close to the "front". I haven't been in years now as I want to avoid the questions but I think eventually I'll suck it up and go back. Too bad I can't just ask my nurse to wax me! :)
I think in the meantime I will stick to a trimmer overall - ugh, can't wait for it all to be normal again.
Don't know if I ever told you but I think this whole issue started up for me due to an ingrown hair due to shaving? Needless to say, I will never shave down there again!
Diamond
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Re: ETO: I need to ask you with regards to wound healing. Tk

Postby Kkmark6 » 29 Sep 2013, 13:16

Hey diamond

How ur hope ur doing good. N hope ur healing great...

Keep I touch
Kathy
Kkmark6
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1