External hemorrhoids, how does it feel?

Describe your symptoms please!

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

External hemorrhoids, how does it feel?

Postby Sufferingbadly » 20 Jun 2015, 14:14

Hi everyone! I have suffered from internal hemmies on and off since the birth of my first child 3 years ago, but I've never had external ones. I have a fissure (possibly 2) that I felt were healing because I had no symptoms for almost an entire month until I decided to eat some Taco Bell, which caused me to have diarrhea for 2 days! :verysad: then I went to visit family which was an almost 3 hour drive...a couple days later we went to go walk around the giant sequoia tree Forrest which was another 2 hour drive. so these external hemorrhoids decided to pop up and get pretty bad shortly after all of this. I've been trying to get them to go away by going back on my strict diet, staying hydrated, but I don't know what methods of creams to use, prepH? my coconut oils suppositories? tucks pads? Ice packs? Heating pads? It hurts to poop (but I don't have the spasms and I'm not sure if that's purely because I'm still using nifedipine, or if this is a symptom of irritated external hemmies.) On the first couple days there was a good amount of blood on my stool and also when I wiped with baby wipes. I'd use the tucks pads and the bleeding seems to have stopped. But when I have a BM I kind of feel like my stool is passing along a cut (I use a mirror to look and I don't see a cut...just a very tender sore and super sensitive part of my skin where my hemmie is. But it's not blue and purple.) my skin tags are also becoming sensitive again, kind of like a sore feeling, like something is irritating it. SORRY THIS POST IS SO LONG. :dunno:
Can anyone who suffered from external hemmies please explain what your pain felt like? And what you did to relieve pain? I'm not in a ton of pain, I'm just super super uncomfortable and sometimes when I'm walking through the grocery store, I just want to go home and lay down cos I start feeling irritated or sore down there. Thank you for reading I look forward to hearing all the painful stories about external hemorrhoids. :tyo:

ps.. Any fathers who read this, I hope you have a great day tomorrow & Happy Father's Day!
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Re: External hemorrhoids, how does it feel?

Postby hurtinend » 20 Jun 2015, 22:04

Could it be the fissure causing the irritation? Or a combo of hems and fissure?

All I know is that an alien race has taken over my ass and they aren't going to leave
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby msimon » 21 Jun 2015, 13:17

external hemmie pain for me feels like pinching of the skin back there. They also can feel very itchy. I would usually also have sphincter spasm with them and the spasm would squeeze them, hurting them further. The nifedipine may help with that I would think. Hemmies never caused me sharp pain though. Oh yeah, and they would throb too, especially after a BM.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby bumbumsong » 07 Jul 2015, 00:04

I have a grape sized stage 2 hemmie. It flares when I'm having constipation or diarrhea. Itchy, uncomfortable, issue maintaining hygiene (like wiping a marker to quote Andy from Parks and Recreation lol). I use aloe vera on the hemmies to stop itching and it does help. Zinc oxide can help too if the tissue is irritated.

I'm guessing your from the States so look for somethinng like Nupercainal to numb and help the pain. It REALLY helps. Also dry having some psyllium (spelling) seed to your diet for fiber, it's helped mine.
bumbumsong
Salt Bather

Topics: 12