Fat Intake

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Fat Intake

Postby Guest » 20 Jan 2008, 08:11

Thanks for all the tips! I haven't used any of the supplements (flax, etc) but I have started using a good bit of olive oil. Wheat bread with a tbsp. of olive oil, topped with basil and oregano is a wonderful treat. It also makes me feel like I'm eating something decadent - a nice change since I'm afraid to branch out much in my diet right now. I'm sure there are plenty of foods that I can still eat, but I'm hesitant to try them.
(Speaking of which, is peanut butter a no-no?)

Postby val » 20 Jan 2008, 08:16

I have smooth peanut butter on wholegrain bread. Its a good source of protein, and you need protein as your body cannot heal without it.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby bherna1 » 20 Jan 2008, 23:16

i eat fish and chicken, tuna to get the protein. Dont do what i did and take all the good fat out of your diet. I took the fat out of my diet entirely and had no energy to go through the day.
Just my experience
Bernard
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby mlsohm » 21 Jan 2008, 10:46

You are so right. The secret is to balance the omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. Also have the bulk of your fats monounsaturated and cut down on saturated and avoid trans fat. I'm a blood type A so I'm to cut out red meat so I eat some chicken but mostly fish [ salmon and tuna] works great for me. I broil the salmon and when done put on olive oil or flax oil some parsley flakes and tarragon flakes a little sea salt. Um Um good. ML
mlsohm
Salt Bather

Postby Fissulyna » 21 Jan 2008, 16:10

Hi all : ),
I don't like peanut butter because of alpha-toxin in it - I know it has a small amount but still...hate toxins LOL !!!!!
MLSOHM - what B+ should eat ?!?
Thanks so much in advance : )
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby mlsohm » 21 Jan 2008, 17:34

Fissulyna; The book you picked up on genotype diet is by the same author as Eat 4 your blood type. For meat and fish, lamb, rabbit, venison, salmon, caviar, haddock, cod, sardine to name a few that are beneficial. Beef and tuna are neutral. Pork is avoid for all blood types. Happy eating. Hope I didn't ruin your supper as we say in the Midwest. You most likely call it dinner. Your evening meal. ML
mlsohm
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 5 » 21 Jan 2008, 17:36

PhotobucketI think Fissy is refering to alfatoxin, not alpha-toxin, two different (but both bad!) things. Alfatoxin, which is a by-product of a fungus, can also affect cereal crops, soybeans, tree nuts and peanuts.
Alpha-toxins, on the other hand, are produced by bacteria.Photobucket
They sound just alike, I'd hate to be a microbiologist!
Personally, I think tiny, safe amounts of toxins are good for you. They should help boost your immune system. But I'm a dirty old male...
And mlsohm, you don't have to live in Iowa to call it "supper!"
Deleted User 5

Postby mlsohm » 21 Jan 2008, 18:51

You are so right Kim. This is what I like about this forum. ML
mlsohm
Salt Bather

Postby Fissulyna » 22 Jan 2008, 02:24

Hey thanks Mlsohm : )) !!! It is always good to have "cross reference", LOL ; ))) ! Didn't know that they have same author - hah,
guy is ripping us off left and right ; ) !!! Well, pork I like, ha ha, especially prosciutto - but I will take it over Alpha- shmalfa toxin any day ; ))) !!!
Kimmy Boy - I knew about other sources of nasty mold - but didn't want to scare here people out of other favorites like soy milk : /.
All in all, the peanuts are the highest in content of that toxin - so, I would just stay away from them ; ). That toxin is neuro- toxin and as such is not good for our body in any shape or form. Toxins don't boost our immune system - they drain it out and damage all tissues. Exposure to some viruses and bacteria in small doses boost our immune system ; ).
BTW, I have a couple of evening meals ha ha ha - I really have to thank my genes for being 120 p and not 220 !!!!
HUG TO ALL : )
PS: You look cute in pink "dirty old male " ; )
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Deleted User 5 » 22 Jan 2008, 07:22

Hey Fissy, I still think I'll keep eating my peanuts! Image
Deleted User 5