Feeling of the AF

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Feeling of the AF

Postby Guest » 21 Jul 2007, 10:25

I thought this would be a good topic for new readers, plus help me out with my struggle today.
Where does your AF hurt or feel pain?
I rarely feel pain directly at the AF point. It is usually to one side. Often times I can feel the pain move around my rectum, but usually the same 2-3 spots.
Anyone else care to share there AF point of pain? Thanks!

Re: Feeling of the AF

Postby happyass » 21 Jul 2007, 10:48

mine was inside the rectum and not outside. i could feel the area upon insertion of the finger and where it was open. for me it was the 6 or 12 oclock region depending on how you look at your anus - but the direction that is towards my spine and not my bran buds (hehehehehehehe).......
the pain was always before, during, and after bm. it always stung, hurt like razor blades passing through, randomly bleed.
i truly believe the throbbing and the painful burning really belonged to my external skin tag/sentinel pile/hemmy/thrombosed vein that i pushed against.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 21 Jul 2007, 11:05

My pain is on the 8 o'clock region and if I am in pain it seems to be always in that area. My doctor said that the fissure has healed but the nerve is still acting as if there were an injury.

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 21 Jul 2007, 15:18

My AF is inside (about half an inch) toward the 12oclock position (toward the tailbone/spine, not the bran buds...good one, gareth).
When I poop, I generally feel a prickly sensation as I'm passing my BM. I know I'm in trouble when I start to poop, and things just stop...like it's too big or too hard. Then, as it passes, it sort of feels like I'm pooping a pinecone. So it's not quite as bad as the "razor blades" lots of folks describe. This prickly pain comes from the fissure itself.
After the BM, I'll often feel soreness from that area (sometimes my sitz bath takes care of it, and sometims it lasts for a half hour or hour afterwards)...exact location is hard to pinpoint...sort of feels like it's coming from the whole general area about half an inch inside.
I'll also feel intermittent mild burning/stinging throughout the day. Again, it seems to come from the fissure, or that general area, although sometimes it's hard to pinpoint.
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21

Postby Guest » 21 Jul 2007, 16:13

Mine basically hurts the same as the rest of yours. Hurts coming out and a bit afterwards. I did spend a weekend at a waterpark and all the chlorine actually felt good on it! I've had pain, but no bleeding with it! WHOOHOO!!!

Postby Guest » 21 Jul 2007, 18:50

So is the entire area sensitive and semi-hurtful? I find that touching any of the anus is slightly irritating.

Postby Guest » 22 Jul 2007, 08:21

Yesterday and today especially my entire anus is sore. I just took some Advil. Chris, I believe you are the same person from another board who suggested a CRS in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Am I correct? I'm still debating if I should go to one.

Postby Guest » 22 Jul 2007, 09:54

I did. Unfortunately, he's on vacation for 3 weeks. He is excellent though. He devotes a full 2 hours to the first visit and gives you a thorough exam and goes over your entire diet. He's old school, so he doesn't believe in creams but says he has very few patients that end up getting an LIS. All the other visits I had with him were atleast an hour and he answers all your questions. He's got kind of a robotic personality at first, but I think I'm growing on him. Image
His name is David Mettucci. Good luck and let me know if you need any other informatoin. I strongly recommmend going to one just to make sure you know what you are dealing with.

Postby Guest » 22 Jul 2007, 10:13

I've had 2 different physicians tell me its an AF, I'm just looking for more advice from a CRS I guess. but if he doesn't believe in creams, then maybe there isn't much he could do for me besides the whole lecture on fiber, etc.