Fibre & Softeners

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Fibre & Softeners

Postby Cheryl » 16 Feb 2007, 17:15

:cheer: Great news for me.. i have been trying to convince you all that one day since having my surgery i will eventually not need this stuff any more, and ive almost done it! I have not had any Sorbitol (Softener) for 5 days and i am only taking metamucil at night now, not in the morning ... and i am doing ok!
This makes me very happy as I have been on metamucil for like about 5 years 2-3 times a day (it was so annoying to take all the time)
I hope within the next month or two I can be free of all supplements :D
Annie how are you going with your fibre and softeners, i know like me you were trying to ween yourself off too.. heres hoping your nearly there!!
C
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Re: Fibre & Softeners

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Feb 2007, 18:31

That is wooooonderful news :cheer:
My stools have remained soft, formed and somewhat skinny. Stopping the softeners made no difference I could see. Stopping the Citrucel made no difference as it was just fiber and I get plenty of that. The skinny-ness helps, I guess, from over-streching and re-tearing. I know how much you fear re-tearing, Cheryl!! Image
Correct me if I'm wrong...I'm thinking that now that we've been "cut" at least a re-tear won't cause us the agony/misery :no: :bounce: we had pre-surgery! Of course, it would be a setback towards the goal of being fissure-free. But in all likelyhood, your life won't be interrupted because you'd be 99% pain-free. Image
But, remember, I rarely had painful BMs, just the spasms afterwards (hurt like hades) so a re-tear for you might be more painful than I imagine Image -- at least during the actual bowel movement.
hugh
Deleted User 5

Re: Fibre & Softeners

Postby happyass » 23 Feb 2007, 19:09

all you need is your nice 1 cup serving of all bran bran buds with some yummy fresh local blueberries, blackberries, strawberries or lucious red raspberries and some soy/rice/oat/multi-grain milk.......
yummy....
congrats on the great progress in getting reduction on OTC fiber supplements.....
Image Image
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74