Finding a good CRS?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Finding a good CRS?

Postby Guest » 20 Jan 2007, 16:42

Thanks Gareth for the thread prompt!! Image
Have you found a good CRS that you are happy & confident with? Perhaps you are having trouble finding one and that may be the reason you are holding back from LIS?
I live in Australia and do not have private medical insurance, however our system still bulk bills in certain areas and there are public hospital waiting lists you can get on 'for FREE'! :bom:
I went and saw my GP that had been inspecting my butt for quite some time, when I finally made the decision to get the LIS, she looked up on her data base all the different CRS's in my city.
She gave me 3 to choose from and she told me more or less which one was more sensitive or caring etc - that is how i made my decision.
SO I went for an appt with him and she was right, he was gentle, caring and seemed like an EXPERT Image
When I had the op i ended up having a different lady do the procedure (she was a Dr who had just graduated and had only done the procedure about 4 times Image ) I was scared about that, but my CRS was there standing by, more like overseeing the whole thing and I guess if you use the public health system and its free, you have to be prepared to have the newer surgeons begin their career on you.
I ended up trying to look at it this way: "IF she had only done the op a few times, she would be very maticulous about it - if perhaps this was the 786th LIS she had performed she may be complacent in her techniques..."
Anyway, she obviously did a brilliant job, as my AF has healed very quickly and I have not had any real troubles at all Image
How did you find your CRS, do you have any good ideas on who to pick and why?

Re: Finding a good CRS?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 20 Jan 2007, 17:10

My GP already knew who he would be refering me to...he assured me they were the best in the state! After having had the operation, I can't deny him his statement of confidence!
The CRS I wound up with seemed friendly enough; I can only blame myself for not asking enough questions while I was there for the initial visit. He didn't seem to have done many LIS procedures; I may well have been his third one! Whew!
During the morning of the procedure, I didn't see him until after I was already in my hospital room recovering. He did make sure I didn't suffer too much, and I was thankful for that.
It's been 3 1/2 weeks now and I continue to do great!
:joker:
Deleted User 5