Finally Finding Relief!

Remedy

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Finally Finding Relief!

Postby spunkyflower » 22 Jan 2018, 12:25

34/f in relatively good health and suffering from a painful anal fissure for the second time in about 10 years. What I found has really helped in the last week and a half has been the following:

1)Soaking every day, every evening I either use my sitz bath or I put enough in my bath to just cover my bottom. I add a 1-2 heaping tablespoons of coconut oil. I was using epsom salt but honestly I think that was making it worse (salt=drying) so I switched it up to coconut oil after reading a few peoples success with it on this website.

2)Shower EVERYDAY, you need to keep the area as clean as possible, I do not use any soap down there just water

3)NO TOILET PAPER! baby wipes or if you can find them the medicated Preperation H wipes, which is what I use

4) after a morning shower and the use of wipes I take a cotton pad (the kind us ladies use to remove makeup) and soak it in colloidal silver and place between my cheeks as close to my anus as I can get it and I leave it there while I'm at home getting ready (about an hour) I also do this in the evening before bed for another hour.

5) I use coconut oil throughout the day, I just take some in a small container and some q-tips to work to use after every bowel movement. It really helps to take away the pain and I find keeping your anus lubricated with coconut oil helps when it is time for a bowel movement.

6)If you have a heating pad or hot water bottle use it! I sit on my heating pad in the evening for a couple hours and on and off during the day. It helps to soothe and comfort that achy raw feeling and speeds healing by rushing blood to the area to help heal it

7)PRUNES PRUNES PRUNES! I started eating prunes every morning (or a glass of prune juice) I eat about 4-5 and yes the first day it made me go to the bathroom about 2 or 3 times, which sucked but I made the best of it but in about 4 or 5 days it has REALLY regulated me, I now go the bathroom once a day in the morning and I do not have to push at all, it literally just slips right out of me. Also water water water, I always drank water so this wasn't so hard for me I just increased my water intake even more.

8)My diet has also changed, all of this constipation started with a greasy burger I decided to have, because I never want this to happen again I have really taken a look at what my habits are and how to change them. I've cut down on sugar and meat and have completely cut out fried/greasy foods. The memory of how painful this was is enough for me to stay on track because I never want this to to happen again!

All of these things put together has really helped my situation, I no longer bleed when going to the bathroom and I no longer have to strain really at all when going #2
:hang:
spunkyflower
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Finally Finding Relief!

Postby Elle1007 » 23 Jan 2018, 20:35

I am so happy for you. Thank you kindly for posting to help us. I am politely jealous and hoping for no pain soon.
Elle1007
Salt Bather

Topics: 7