rage, disbelief and hopefully finally relief

have been wrongly diagnosed and treated for the past two months

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

rage, disbelief and hopefully finally relief

Postby ManiacalLavender » 21 Jul 2023, 07:16

hello friends

so some of you may have probably seen my posts until now, I had a haemorrhoidectomy in February and around early May, a supposed fissure had formed.
that was wrong.
according to TWO different surgeons, the first one (the guy who gave me the surgery in February and falsely DIAGNOSED and "TREATED" me with a fissure) was mistaken. there was no fissure. I did not have to spend the last 2 months of my life suffering through GTN ointments and debilitating headaches caused by that treatment and I definitely don't have to get whatever dumb surgery he wanted to do on me.
IT. WAS. A. FISTULA.
plain and simple.
you may be thinking to yourself while reading this "but lavender, how could a surgeon not know the difference?" he either knew and hid the fact that it was a fistula caused by his surgery (the fistula has been linked to the surgery by 2 other surgeons) or he simply does not know the difference and at this point I don't know what's a worse scenario.

needless to say, I'm getting surgery sometime soon (the earliest is in a week and will cost me 2k euro) as this fistula is probably what sent me to the ER right about the time the "fissure" formed showing signs of infection with white blood-cell levels being 4 times more than the healthy amount. it's still oozing pus and it's still very painful.

I want to get surgery, I want to get well enough to start uni and I WANT TO SUE HIS ASS FOR BREAKING MINE :evil:

ALSO, there is/was absolutely no need for me to be taking magnesium "for softer stool" as he suggested
ManiacalLavender
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: rage, disbelief and hopefully finally relief

Postby patience_and_healing » 21 Jul 2023, 11:09

Wow this is insane, I'm so sorry you have to get another surgery because the surgeon made a mistake and then didn't help you out. Wishing you speedy healing. Take care.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Re: rage, disbelief and hopefully finally relief

Postby ManiacalLavender » 21 Jul 2023, 13:52

according to the two other doctors, this fistula was DEFINITELY formed by his surgery.
no other scenario exists.

moral of the story, if a doctor gives you even a milligram of bad vibes, CHANGE DOCTORS!!
ManiacalLavender
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5