First fissure. Yay me!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

First fissure. Yay me!

Postby Baileybr » 15 Feb 2016, 11:51

I'm 29 years old and just gave birth to my second son in January. I started taking sudafed to dry up my milk supply (breast issues) and I believe that caused the worst constipation ive ever had. 2 weeks ago today I had a large, very hard bowel movement and I felt the tear immediately (at least that's what I think it was) I've had hemmorhoids for years, but they've been particularly bad since I delivered. The pain I feel is exactly where my hemmi is, just to the side of it. I was having so much blood during bowel movements I was concerned. My mid wife took a look at my appt on Friday and said the tear was in a completely different place then where I was feeling it, and that it's tiny. She told me to go see my regular doctor (which I don't have yet) Yesterday was the first day I've had minimal blood during bowel movements, only during wiping and not a lot at all. I've increased my fiber and water intake, and I'm going more often, which is nofun at all. I'm just wondering if this pain is from my hemmi, or if I have multiple fissures and the MW didn't notice, or is it possible for a hemmi to get so tight it causes a tear? I'm super embarrassed to find a doctor because I haven't been able to find a female that takes my insurance yet, and males make me nervous. I just hope I can heal whatever this is soon.

I should add that I don't believe I'm suffering from spazms. I also take sitz baths after really painful movements. And I've used laxatives, which helped but made me feel like crap all day having to run to the bathroom.
Baileybr

Topics: 1

Re: First fissure. Yay me!

Postby Deleted User 4903 » 16 Feb 2016, 08:20

The best thing I found for me was to avoid any caffeine (soda, coffee, tea), drink plenty of water, take metamucil once or twice a day, and soak in warm water after each BM.

Wish you luck!
Deleted User 4903

Re: First fissure. Yay me!

Postby Savaici » 16 Feb 2016, 12:57

Don't overdo the fibre. There is a lot on here about fibre, just use the search between FAQ and Portal and search by topic - fiber fibre. Make sure you are drinking enough. And, the fissures can be small, but does not mean they cannot hurt like hell! Use Miralex, and get the right dose.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222