Fissure after childbirth

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Fissure after childbirth

Postby Mummy88 » 19 Jan 2014, 14:46

Haha yep every 2/2.5hrs and he's on solids too! And for the first 3 months he fed every 1.5hrs day and night! That's probably why Im having so much trouble now he's too used to bfeeding lol ive tried 4 different types of bottles, a freeflowing sippycup and a normal one, a doidy cup and ive tried both expressed milk and formula milk but all he does is play with it and wants nothing to do with it after a while. Ive even tried skipping a few feeds to get him to have the bottle but it still doesnt work - the most hes had after around a month of trying is 40ml. Guess its a case of just a case of perservering lol

Thanks for the reassurance regarding thehealing, I really hope that is the case! gotta be careful to keep up the routine for at least the next few months. Hope everyone is doing well today :)
Mummy88
Fibre Addict

Postby Newmommy28 » 29 Jan 2014, 17:11

How is everyone who's following this post doing??

I went to visit family this past weekend and I decided I wasn't going to obsess over what I ate. Interestingly enough, my fissure seemed to be healing even though I was eating things I've been careful to avoid (cookies/chips). And I've been on the up-swing. Go figure. I can't seem to figure this fissure thing out. I also eat thing that everyone on this forum says to avoid (bananas, pasta) and I feel like its helped. Maybe I was doing too much fiber?

Oh- and I've been doing kegels and anal winks (as my procto termed it) and I think it's helping. How's everyone else doing??
Newmommy28
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Postby Mummy88 » 30 Jan 2014, 03:52

Hi Newmommy28, glad to hear things are going well and you seem to be on the mend!! Long may it continue :D

As for me, it has now been 12 days since I last bled during a BM and (touch wood lol) I have no pain whatsoever and pretty much feel back to normal! Movicol is amazing, its nice not to have to worry when I need to go to the loo :) I have also stopped obsessing about what I eat and so far so good, its a relief having chocolate again! Haha but seriously I think that this has also helped me relax, im just making sure I have enough fibre and water during the day in order not to risk a retear. I plan on carrying on with movicol for another month or so just until I'm fully healed and will then start weaning off it. I have also been on rectogesic for 2wks but cant really say it has made a difference, but I guess it must be doing something! I have also carried on with the kegels (though admittedly not as often lol) and in the 3wks or so I have been doing them I think it has helped quite a bit.

Good luck to all, keep us updated :)
Mummy88
Fibre Addict

Postby FDP » 30 Jan 2014, 04:09

Hi all, happy to hear everyone is on the mend! Its been about 2 weeks since I have had any bleeding but unfortunately I am now suffering with an external haemmorhoid. I had my first night out in over a year for a friends birthday and I wore ridiculously high heels because I missed wearing them so much and it must have put too much pressure down there, so now Im paying for it. its no where near as bad as fissure pain but im stuck sitting on ice packs all day long. I just hope it heals before we go to Bali next week! Wish I could get a bum transplant :)
FDP
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby splinterboy2013 » 30 Jan 2014, 09:48

Mummy88, how much mirilax are you taking and for how long?
splinterboy2013
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Mummy88 » 30 Jan 2014, 10:38

Hi splinterboy2013, I'm taking 2 sachets daily- 1 in the morning and the other at night. My dr prescribed it for 1 month initially to see how I was getting along as I did not have any success whatsoever with Lactulose no matter how much I took! However, movicol/miralax has really made a difference (worked pretty much immediately too) and I plan on taking it for at least another month or so to make sure I'm fully healed.

Good luck!!!
Mummy88
Fibre Addict

Postby FDP » 30 Jan 2014, 14:48

Does Movicol just make sure you go to the toilet or does it also make sure the stools are soft?
FDP
Fibre Addict

Postby Mummy88 » 30 Jan 2014, 14:54

Not sure tbh as I am very regular anyway, its prob a bit of both! But for me its worked very well as a stool softner, seriously if hard stools are a prob for u FDP u should def give this a try, it was effective pretty much from the next day for me...
Mummy88
Fibre Addict

Postby FDP » 30 Jan 2014, 14:58

Excellent, thanks. Im going to use it as a preventative because travelling usually makes me irregular and dint want to take any chances when Im on holidays
FDP
Fibre Addict

Postby Mummy88 » 30 Jan 2014, 15:23

Yes good idea, u don't want any setbacks especially whilst on holiday! Hope you have a great time in Bali - sounds amazing!! :)
Mummy88
Fibre Addict