Fissure causing burning when sitting

Articles explaining

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fissure causing burning when sitting

Postby Moonsofuranus » 22 Sep 2015, 18:55

I'm trying to learn about why the fissure causes burning on sitting or standing.

I understand burning is due to nerves that get activated each time a fissure is agitated (usually bm). For me, sitting straight up for 30 seconds (or standing in the same place) cause my anus and perianal area to burn intensely. I get the stinging burn when having a bm, but it mostly subsides after the sitz bath (I don't sit straight up).

I'm impressed with all the links to various papers posted within the forum. Does anyone have any links that explain the phenomenon of Fissures causing burning when sitting ?

Because I can't sit, I can't drive or return to work.
Moonsofuranus

Topics: 1

Re: Fissure causing burning when sitting

Postby Hafzaal » 01 Oct 2015, 08:09

Having faced the same issues I had no luck in finding an answer to that question. I think it depends on how big the tear itself is. Reason I say that is when I ended up with a fissure almost 3 years ago I was suffering from the same burn you are which prevented me from sitting, standing and driving. Pretty much all I could do was lie on my side. However, I suffered a relapse after a troublesome BM but this time I guess it was just a minor scrape as it did not stop me from any of the above mentioned activities. It does still burn every now and then for about 10-20 minutes but subsides then.
Hafzaal
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby JHH » 03 Oct 2015, 11:57

The burning is caused by spasm of the sphincter muscle. Can happen even with a small tear.
Ointments, LIS and botox works by relaxing the sphincter muscle to prevent spasms.
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby Hafzaal » 03 Oct 2015, 12:11

Yeaterday my doctor told me that my fissure has healed but I still feel the odd burn when walking. He did tell me to be extra careful for next 2-3 months because of the fragile skin. Is it that fragile skin causing the burn due to friction?
Hafzaal
Salt Bather

Topics: 7